A man was tied up and beaten by burglars who invaded his Wauwatosa home in the 2400 block of North 63rd Street last week.
According to a Police Department report:
The 28-year-old victim was asleep in his bedroom when he awoke to punches in the face from two men. They asked where money and valuables were kept, then bound his hands and ankles and gagged his mouth.
Officers could not find signs of forced entry and questioned whether he knew the burglars. They found bags typically used to sell drugs in his room, but he said that was only for his personal use.
One of the men was armed with a kitchen knife and threatened to kill the victim. He also heard mention of a gun and later a BB gun was found on the floor.
Throughout the ordeal, which he estimated lasted about 45 minutes, the burglars returned to punch him the face numerous times. He heard four or five different voices in the house talking about the items they had found.
Eventually he heard his 1991 Dodge Dakota pickup truck pulling out of the driveway. He hopped down the stairs, out the door and up and down the sidewalk until he got a neighbor's attention about 9:30 a.m. Dec. 30.
The victim had a black eye and scrapes to his jaw and arms. At the hospital he was diagnosed with a concussion.
The burglars took items including jewelry, televisions, DVD players and computer equipment valued at more than $7,000. His truck was found New Year's Day in Milwaukee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Andy Reiland voted new Waukesha Common Council president
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: April 30
- Wauwatosa parents to ask Sen. Vukmir to restore education funding at forum tonight
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)