A Whitefish Bay woman was arrested for drunken driving for the third time after she crashed her car into a tree in the 7300 block of Grand Parkway last week.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department:
The 21-year-old woman was not familiar with the area so she was asking her passenger for directions. At the last minute she took a turn and lost control of the vehicle. It slid and struck a tree and she overcorrected and crossed the media into an oncoming traffic lane, up the sidewalk and into a fire hydrant. From there, the car struck a tree on the passenger side.
Prior to officers arriving, the duo fled. They were found walking in the 6700 block of West Wisconsin Avenue. The woman was shoeless.
Her high heels were found next to the wrecked car.
A breath test showed her blood-alcohol level was 0.17, more than twice the legal limit. She was arrested for drunken driving and driving after her license had been revoked. She also received citations for failing to control her vehicle and report an accident.
The passenger had minor injuries but he refused medical attention.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (2)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting