A Whitefish Bay woman was arrested for drunken driving for the third time after she crashed her car into a tree in the 7300 block of Grand Parkway last week.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department:
The 21-year-old woman was not familiar with the area so she was asking her passenger for directions. At the last minute she took a turn and lost control of the vehicle. It slid and struck a tree and she overcorrected and crossed the media into an oncoming traffic lane, up the sidewalk and into a fire hydrant. From there, the car struck a tree on the passenger side.
Prior to officers arriving, the duo fled. They were found walking in the 6700 block of West Wisconsin Avenue. The woman was shoeless.
Her high heels were found next to the wrecked car.
A breath test showed her blood-alcohol level was 0.17, more than twice the legal limit. She was arrested for drunken driving and driving after her license had been revoked. She also received citations for failing to control her vehicle and report an accident.
The passenger had minor injuries but he refused medical attention.
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30