A Whitefish Bay woman was arrested for drunken driving for the third time after she crashed her car into a tree in the 7300 block of Grand Parkway last week.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department:
The 21-year-old woman was not familiar with the area so she was asking her passenger for directions. At the last minute she took a turn and lost control of the vehicle. It slid and struck a tree and she overcorrected and crossed the media into an oncoming traffic lane, up the sidewalk and into a fire hydrant. From there, the car struck a tree on the passenger side.
Prior to officers arriving, the duo fled. They were found walking in the 6700 block of West Wisconsin Avenue. The woman was shoeless.
Her high heels were found next to the wrecked car.
A breath test showed her blood-alcohol level was 0.17, more than twice the legal limit. She was arrested for drunken driving and driving after her license had been revoked. She also received citations for failing to control her vehicle and report an accident.
The passenger had minor injuries but he refused medical attention.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words
- Man arrested for heroin possession at Best Buy in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa business Not Just Nuts closed after owner's death
- Wauwatosa's Montessori school will expand to serve middle-school grades
- Not Just Nuts closed, building owner looking for new tenant
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 21
- Artificial turf installed at Wauwatosa's Whitman Middle School soccer field
- Biz Buzz: Phase 2 Skateshop; Twirly Birds
- Twirly Birds vintage and hand-craft store moves to Waukesha
- Paving complete on North Avenue