A Whitefish Bay woman was arrested for drunken driving for the third time after she crashed her car into a tree in the 7300 block of Grand Parkway last week.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department:
The 21-year-old woman was not familiar with the area so she was asking her passenger for directions. At the last minute she took a turn and lost control of the vehicle. It slid and struck a tree and she overcorrected and crossed the media into an oncoming traffic lane, up the sidewalk and into a fire hydrant. From there, the car struck a tree on the passenger side.
Prior to officers arriving, the duo fled. They were found walking in the 6700 block of West Wisconsin Avenue. The woman was shoeless.
Her high heels were found next to the wrecked car.
A breath test showed her blood-alcohol level was 0.17, more than twice the legal limit. She was arrested for drunken driving and driving after her license had been revoked. She also received citations for failing to control her vehicle and report an accident.
The passenger had minor injuries but he refused medical attention.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum