A Whitefish Bay woman was arrested for drunken driving for the third time after she crashed her car into a tree in the 7300 block of Grand Parkway last week.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department:
The 21-year-old woman was not familiar with the area so she was asking her passenger for directions. At the last minute she took a turn and lost control of the vehicle. It slid and struck a tree and she overcorrected and crossed the media into an oncoming traffic lane, up the sidewalk and into a fire hydrant. From there, the car struck a tree on the passenger side.
Prior to officers arriving, the duo fled. They were found walking in the 6700 block of West Wisconsin Avenue. The woman was shoeless.
Her high heels were found next to the wrecked car.
A breath test showed her blood-alcohol level was 0.17, more than twice the legal limit. She was arrested for drunken driving and driving after her license had been revoked. She also received citations for failing to control her vehicle and report an accident.
The passenger had minor injuries but he refused medical attention.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drivers
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31