The sign welcoming drivers at Wauwatosa's eastern border was destroyed last week when a pickup truck crashed into it.
According to a Police Department report:
The 48-year-old man driving the truck looked down at his glove compartment. When he glanced up he saw a red light, but he couldn't stop in time and collided with a car.
The impact forced the car to the side and the truck jumped the curb and struck a concrete planter and the welcome sign at 9:46 a.m. Dec. 28.
The male passenger in the pickup was taken to Froedtert for overall body pain.
A 27-year-old Wauwatosa man was taken to St. Joseph Hospital. He was waiting in his sport-utility vehicle at the red light when it was sideswiped by the car.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?