The sign welcoming drivers at Wauwatosa's eastern border was destroyed last week when a pickup truck crashed into it.
According to a Police Department report:
The 48-year-old man driving the truck looked down at his glove compartment. When he glanced up he saw a red light, but he couldn't stop in time and collided with a car.
The impact forced the car to the side and the truck jumped the curb and struck a concrete planter and the welcome sign at 9:46 a.m. Dec. 28.
The male passenger in the pickup was taken to Froedtert for overall body pain.
A 27-year-old Wauwatosa man was taken to St. Joseph Hospital. He was waiting in his sport-utility vehicle at the red light when it was sideswiped by the car.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa pedestrian killed by train
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal