The sign welcoming drivers at Wauwatosa's eastern border was destroyed last week when a pickup truck crashed into it.
According to a Police Department report:
The 48-year-old man driving the truck looked down at his glove compartment. When he glanced up he saw a red light, but he couldn't stop in time and collided with a car.
The impact forced the car to the side and the truck jumped the curb and struck a concrete planter and the welcome sign at 9:46 a.m. Dec. 28.
The male passenger in the pickup was taken to Froedtert for overall body pain.
A 27-year-old Wauwatosa man was taken to St. Joseph Hospital. He was waiting in his sport-utility vehicle at the red light when it was sideswiped by the car.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hazardous waste collection event sets Sept. 12 date
- Tosa Green Summit returns Sept. 12
- Call for Taste of Tosa cupcake and chili registrants
- Wauwatosa West class of '65 to celebrate 50th high school reunion
- Library Recommendations: Sept. 3
- Retired Tosa detective thwarts attempted car thieves, one of whom was 12 (6)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Sept. 7
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3