The sign welcoming drivers at Wauwatosa's eastern border was destroyed last week when a pickup truck crashed into it.
According to a Police Department report:
The 48-year-old man driving the truck looked down at his glove compartment. When he glanced up he saw a red light, but he couldn't stop in time and collided with a car.
The impact forced the car to the side and the truck jumped the curb and struck a concrete planter and the welcome sign at 9:46 a.m. Dec. 28.
The male passenger in the pickup was taken to Froedtert for overall body pain.
A 27-year-old Wauwatosa man was taken to St. Joseph Hospital. He was waiting in his sport-utility vehicle at the red light when it was sideswiped by the car.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director
- In Our Schools: April 24
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority