The sign welcoming drivers at Wauwatosa's eastern border was destroyed last week when a pickup truck crashed into it.
According to a Police Department report:
The 48-year-old man driving the truck looked down at his glove compartment. When he glanced up he saw a red light, but he couldn't stop in time and collided with a car.
The impact forced the car to the side and the truck jumped the curb and struck a concrete planter and the welcome sign at 9:46 a.m. Dec. 28.
The male passenger in the pickup was taken to Froedtert for overall body pain.
A 27-year-old Wauwatosa man was taken to St. Joseph Hospital. He was waiting in his sport-utility vehicle at the red light when it was sideswiped by the car.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School