A 65-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of stolen property and carrying a concealed weapon after he was seen carrying two large comforters across a Mayfair Mall parking lot last week.
According to Wauwatosa Police Department:
The man was familiar to Boston Store staff, because he was suspected of taking bedding two days prior.
On this occasion, he drew attention to himself when he was seen ripping price tags off four fragrance sets valued at $244 at 7 p.m. Dec. 28. He placed the items near an exit and left.
Soon a 47-year-old Milwaukee man picked them up and exited the store. He was arrested for retail theft.
Meanwhile, the older man had picked up two bags of items and started across the mall lot. He was stopped and found to have two comforters and a bag containing 45 pairs of socks, which he said he found under a nearby tree.
As an officer talked to the man, he kept reaching into his pocket, where a knife was found. He also gave a Sam's Club card with a fake name as identification, which added obstructing to his list of offenses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kids dig into nature at Camp Arrowhead
- I-94 closure 'smooth as could be'
- Residents seek ideas for changes at Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa honors first responders
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 10
- Menomonee River 14-year-old drowning victim identified
- Comb 'N Shear in Wauwatosa gives personalized service
- Ask Now: Will the city ever collect recyclables on a weekly basis?
- University Lab School may be stuck without a home