Mayfair Mall will prohibit kids ages 17 and younger from entering the mall unchaperoned after 3 p.m. Sundays.
The change is an extension of the existing parental guidance required program, which begins at 3 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
The program requires any youth at the mall to be with a parent or supervisory adult older than 21 during PGR hours.
The policy change comes in response to incidents of disorderly and violent behavior by teens at the mall Sunday evening.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fattoni's on North Avenue shuts down
- Matt Stippich will bring leadership skills, passion to council post
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program