General Growth Properties, the owner-operators of the Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa, announced Tuesday that it would expand its parental guidance required (PGR) policy at the popular shopping center to include Sundays.
Currently, the mall's security officers enforce a policy in which people 17 years of age or younger must be accompanied by a parent or supervising adult age 21 and older after 3 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
That same policy now includes Sundays.
David Keating, a General Growth Properties spokesman, said the company was reviewing its policies to determine what additional changes might be considered.
The review comes two days after an incident Sunday afternoon in which as many as 100 young people stormed through the popular shopping center.
Kate Ochowicz, the mall's marketing manager, said earlier that, as of now, there is not a specific timetable for announcing new operating procedures.
"We are meeting internally to come up with the best plan," she said.
Nine juveniles were apprehended Monday night in connection with the incident, which forced an early closure of the mall. Wauwatosa police also confirmed that a gun was fired outside the mall late Sunday afternoon.
Ochowicz said Mayfair Mall officials were cooperating with police in the continuing investigation.
Mall officials and Wauwatosa Jill Didier have stressed that the mall is a safe place to shop. Didier said Monday that at least nine million people a year use the mall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)