General Growth Properties, the owner-operators of the Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa, announced Tuesday that it would expand its parental guidance required (PGR) policy at the popular shopping center to include Sundays.
Currently, the mall's security officers enforce a policy in which people 17 years of age or younger must be accompanied by a parent or supervising adult age 21 and older after 3 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
That same policy now includes Sundays.
David Keating, a General Growth Properties spokesman, said the company was reviewing its policies to determine what additional changes might be considered.
The review comes two days after an incident Sunday afternoon in which as many as 100 young people stormed through the popular shopping center.
Kate Ochowicz, the mall's marketing manager, said earlier that, as of now, there is not a specific timetable for announcing new operating procedures.
"We are meeting internally to come up with the best plan," she said.
Nine juveniles were apprehended Monday night in connection with the incident, which forced an early closure of the mall. Wauwatosa police also confirmed that a gun was fired outside the mall late Sunday afternoon.
Ochowicz said Mayfair Mall officials were cooperating with police in the continuing investigation.
Mall officials and Wauwatosa Jill Didier have stressed that the mall is a safe place to shop. Didier said Monday that at least nine million people a year use the mall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Athleta coming to Mayfair
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves