State Senator-elect Leah Vukmir, R-Wauwatosa, will take a ceremonial oath of office and hold an inaugural reception in West Allis on Tuesday.
She takes her official oath in Madison on Monday, but she wants to replicate the process in front of constituents of the 5th District, which covers West Allis, West Milwaukee, Elm Grove and portions of Wauwatosa, Brookfield and Milwaukee.
The ceremony will be held at 6:30 p.m. at West Allis City Hall, 7525 W. Greenfield Ave., prior to that city's Common Council meeting. Afterward, Vukmir will hold a reception at 88 Keys Piano Martini Lounge, 7211 W. Greenfield Ave.
Vukmir beat incumbent and fellow Tosan Jim Sullivan in the November election. She has served as a representative in the state Assembly since 2002.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade