State Senator-elect Leah Vukmir, R-Wauwatosa, will take a ceremonial oath of office and hold an inaugural reception in West Allis on Tuesday.
She takes her official oath in Madison on Monday, but she wants to replicate the process in front of constituents of the 5th District, which covers West Allis, West Milwaukee, Elm Grove and portions of Wauwatosa, Brookfield and Milwaukee.
The ceremony will be held at 6:30 p.m. at West Allis City Hall, 7525 W. Greenfield Ave., prior to that city's Common Council meeting. Afterward, Vukmir will hold a reception at 88 Keys Piano Martini Lounge, 7211 W. Greenfield Ave.
Vukmir beat incumbent and fellow Tosan Jim Sullivan in the November election. She has served as a representative in the state Assembly since 2002.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94