State Senator-elect Leah Vukmir, R-Wauwatosa, will take a ceremonial oath of office and hold an inaugural reception in West Allis on Tuesday.
She takes her official oath in Madison on Monday, but she wants to replicate the process in front of constituents of the 5th District, which covers West Allis, West Milwaukee, Elm Grove and portions of Wauwatosa, Brookfield and Milwaukee.
The ceremony will be held at 6:30 p.m. at West Allis City Hall, 7525 W. Greenfield Ave., prior to that city's Common Council meeting. Afterward, Vukmir will hold a reception at 88 Keys Piano Martini Lounge, 7211 W. Greenfield Ave.
Vukmir beat incumbent and fellow Tosan Jim Sullivan in the November election. She has served as a representative in the state Assembly since 2002.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Former Wauwatosa priest pleads not guilty to embezzlement charges
- New principal at Lincoln Elementary vows to help students find their 'spark'
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28
- Second design workshop for Tosa skate park is Thursday
- Wauwatosa Catholic maintains rigor since IB authorization