A 17-year-old Wauwatosa girl was arrested for underage drinking at a home in the 7300 block of Blanchard Street at 12:47 p.m. Dec. 21, after she and her 16-year-old boyfriend were truant from Wauwatosa East High School, 7500 Milwaukee Ave., for two days, police said.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The couple refused to open the door until they called the boy's mother at work and she told them to let officers inside.
Police took the students to school, but the girl kept dropping items and was having trouble walking. She said she had drunk vodka that morning. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.13.
Both students were cited for habitual truancy. The boy had been absent 83 times and the girl had racked up more than 100 absences.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting