A 17-year-old Wauwatosa girl was arrested for underage drinking at a home in the 7300 block of Blanchard Street at 12:47 p.m. Dec. 21, after she and her 16-year-old boyfriend were truant from Wauwatosa East High School, 7500 Milwaukee Ave., for two days, police said.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The couple refused to open the door until they called the boy's mother at work and she told them to let officers inside.
Police took the students to school, but the girl kept dropping items and was having trouble walking. She said she had drunk vodka that morning. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.13.
Both students were cited for habitual truancy. The boy had been absent 83 times and the girl had racked up more than 100 absences.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options