A 17-year-old Wauwatosa girl was arrested for underage drinking at a home in the 7300 block of Blanchard Street at 12:47 p.m. Dec. 21, after she and her 16-year-old boyfriend were truant from Wauwatosa East High School, 7500 Milwaukee Ave., for two days, police said.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The couple refused to open the door until they called the boy's mother at work and she told them to let officers inside.
Police took the students to school, but the girl kept dropping items and was having trouble walking. She said she had drunk vodka that morning. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.13.
Both students were cited for habitual truancy. The boy had been absent 83 times and the girl had racked up more than 100 absences.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23