A 17-year-old Wauwatosa girl was arrested for underage drinking at a home in the 7300 block of Blanchard Street at 12:47 p.m. Dec. 21, after she and her 16-year-old boyfriend were truant from Wauwatosa East High School, 7500 Milwaukee Ave., for two days, police said.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The couple refused to open the door until they called the boy's mother at work and she told them to let officers inside.
Police took the students to school, but the girl kept dropping items and was having trouble walking. She said she had drunk vodka that morning. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.13.
Both students were cited for habitual truancy. The boy had been absent 83 times and the girl had racked up more than 100 absences.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series