A 17-year-old Wauwatosa girl was arrested for underage drinking at a home in the 7300 block of Blanchard Street at 12:47 p.m. Dec. 21, after she and her 16-year-old boyfriend were truant from Wauwatosa East High School, 7500 Milwaukee Ave., for two days, police said.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The couple refused to open the door until they called the boy's mother at work and she told them to let officers inside.
Police took the students to school, but the girl kept dropping items and was having trouble walking. She said she had drunk vodka that morning. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.13.
Both students were cited for habitual truancy. The boy had been absent 83 times and the girl had racked up more than 100 absences.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City committee approves TIF terms for Mayfair Road apartments
- Innovation Campus in Wauwatosa draws interest from universities
- Phase 2 Skateshop opens on State Street in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why is toilet paper used in the repair of city streets?
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 2
- East Tosa BID plan rejected
- Man killed in rollover crash on southbound 45
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2
- Motorcyclist dies after collision on North Avenue in East Tosa
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore