A 43-year-old Milwaukee woman with a history of 39 arrests saw her criminal record grow longer Dec. 23 when she was accused of shoplifting from Mayfair Mall and refusing to cooperate with police.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Employees at The Buckle overheard the sound of sensors popping off clothing in a fitting room about 7 p.m. The customer left without paying for a pair of jeans, so a saleswoman followed her.
Police arrived and the woman gave false identifying information. They checked out her three large shopping bags and found $415 worth of merchandise taken from mall shops. She also had a crack pipe and spoon with cocaine residue, so she was arrested for retail theft, possession of stolen property, resisting arrest and possession of drug paraphernalia.
She fought against entering a squad car and started screaming suicidal threats. Eventually, Wauwatosa paramedics took her to Froedtert Hospital because she had a panic attack. She had to be restrained and admitted for a mental health evaluation.
Her criminal record includes arrests for theft, resisting arrest and prostitution. The district attorney was expected to review the case and seek charges of habitual criminality.
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Truck carrying appliances collides with railroad bridge in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: The Flower Lady stays true to the Village, and finds room to grow
- Tosa fire chief named to Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs Association
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30