A yoga studio wants to fill a vacancy in the commercial building at 7400 State St.
Haleybird Studios has operated at 92nd and Center streets in Milwaukee, across the road from Wauwatosa. Now she wants to get into the "heart of Tosa" and has her sights on a spot in the Village that was previously occupied by Horizon Law Office.
She said the business was growing and she needed more space to conduct classes.
The Community Development Committee on Tuesday unanimously supported Haley Stozek be allowed to operate her yoga business from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. The Common Council will take action Dec. 21.
The Village Business Improvement District is eager to see this kind of service business that will bring people in that could patronize neighboring establishment, BID Director Kathy Ehley said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives
- Wauwatosa committee recommends denial of Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure request
- News & Notes: Feb. 26