A vehicle drove through an outfield fence at the Wauwatosa School District property Sunday night.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Pieces of a Ford F250 Super Duty truck were found Monday near the fence at the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave.
Tire tracks in the snow show the vehicle entered at 122nd Street and Garfield Avenue, drove across the soccer field, up the hill to the baseball field and through the fence, before it looped around and followed the same path off the property.
The fence was not split. Instead, it appeared the truck pushed on the fence until a portion was raised and the vehicle was able to drive underneath.
Support poles were bent.
As for the turf, the extent of the damage will not be known or dealt with until the spring thaw, according to district maintenance staff.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands