A vehicle drove through an outfield fence at the Wauwatosa School District property Sunday night.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Pieces of a Ford F250 Super Duty truck were found Monday near the fence at the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave.
Tire tracks in the snow show the vehicle entered at 122nd Street and Garfield Avenue, drove across the soccer field, up the hill to the baseball field and through the fence, before it looped around and followed the same path off the property.
The fence was not split. Instead, it appeared the truck pushed on the fence until a portion was raised and the vehicle was able to drive underneath.
Support poles were bent.
As for the turf, the extent of the damage will not be known or dealt with until the spring thaw, according to district maintenance staff.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new science requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator sobers distracted drivers
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31
- Wauwatosa's Firefly Art Fair a natural landscape of beauty