A vehicle drove through an outfield fence at the Wauwatosa School District property Sunday night.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Pieces of a Ford F250 Super Duty truck were found Monday near the fence at the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave.
Tire tracks in the snow show the vehicle entered at 122nd Street and Garfield Avenue, drove across the soccer field, up the hill to the baseball field and through the fence, before it looped around and followed the same path off the property.
The fence was not split. Instead, it appeared the truck pushed on the fence until a portion was raised and the vehicle was able to drive underneath.
Support poles were bent.
As for the turf, the extent of the damage will not be known or dealt with until the spring thaw, according to district maintenance staff.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade