Burglars got a jump on the holiday when they broke into several businesses in the 7200 block of West North Avenue the day before Thanksgiving.
Tiny Bubbles Laundromat, 7223 W. North Ave., Nail Design, 7221 W. North Avenue and Day Makers Cafe, 7225 W. North Ave., were broken into between 3:30 and 9:55 p.m. Nov. 24.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
A janitor noticed a back door was unlocked, which leads to a hallway linking the Laundromat to three other businesses - Nail Design, Day Makers Cafe and Colonel Pops Popcorn Co. After further inspection, the man noticed someone entered Nail Design, and immediately called police.
When police arrived, it was determined that Nail Design and Day Makers Cafe had been entered after burglars pried open the back doors leading to the businesses. Pry marks were found on a door leading to Colonel Pops Popcorn Co., but the business was not entered.
A cash register was taken at Day Makers Cafe. Damage to the door of Nail Design is estimated at $500.
On Nov. 25, a laptop computer, a digital music player, $1,700, $513 in personal checks, credit card receipts, UV lamps, and two electronic nail files valued at $4,112 were reported taken at Nail Design. Total amount of loss and damage from the burglary is unknown.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Meetings: April 23
- Wauwatosa resident Phil Dimeo hid his failing eyesight, and spells it out in a book (1)
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Daly's is helping to bring the fountain pen back
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: April 23
- U-Haul moving into former Harley-Davidson plant in Wauwatosa
- Teen apparel store Garage coming to Mayfair
- Wauwatosa Public Forum
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes