Candidates interested in running for one of the School Board's four at-large seats can begin circulating papers Dec. 1.
Four seats on the board are up for election this spring. Incumbent Jon Ray (Seat No. 5) announced at Monday's board meeting that he is not seeking re-election, while fellow incumbent Mary Jo Randall (No. 4) said she plans to run to retain her seat.
The other incumbents are Sharon Muehlfeld (Seat No. 6) and Lois Weber (Seat No. 7).
Election forms can be downloaded from the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board website, gab.wi.gov, or picked up at the district office in the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave.
Nomination papers must be filed by 5 p.m. Jan. 4. Papers must indicate the numbered seat for which a candidate intends to run. If more than two candidates for any numbered seat file nomination papers, a primary election will be held on Feb. 15.
Board members serve three-year terms without pay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word
- Mayfair, Mayfair Collections in Wauwatosa seen as complements, not competitors
- Memorial Day ceremony scheduled for Longfellow Middle School