Candidates interested in running for one of the School Board's four at-large seats can begin circulating papers Dec. 1.
Four seats on the board are up for election this spring. Incumbent Jon Ray (Seat No. 5) announced at Monday's board meeting that he is not seeking re-election, while fellow incumbent Mary Jo Randall (No. 4) said she plans to run to retain her seat.
The other incumbents are Sharon Muehlfeld (Seat No. 6) and Lois Weber (Seat No. 7).
Election forms can be downloaded from the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board website, gab.wi.gov, or picked up at the district office in the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave.
Nomination papers must be filed by 5 p.m. Jan. 4. Papers must indicate the numbered seat for which a candidate intends to run. If more than two candidates for any numbered seat file nomination papers, a primary election will be held on Feb. 15.
Board members serve three-year terms without pay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94