Candidates interested in running for one of the School Board's four at-large seats can begin circulating papers Dec. 1.
Four seats on the board are up for election this spring. Incumbent Jon Ray (Seat No. 5) announced at Monday's board meeting that he is not seeking re-election, while fellow incumbent Mary Jo Randall (No. 4) said she plans to run to retain her seat.
The other incumbents are Sharon Muehlfeld (Seat No. 6) and Lois Weber (Seat No. 7).
Election forms can be downloaded from the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board website, gab.wi.gov, or picked up at the district office in the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave.
Nomination papers must be filed by 5 p.m. Jan. 4. Papers must indicate the numbered seat for which a candidate intends to run. If more than two candidates for any numbered seat file nomination papers, a primary election will be held on Feb. 15.
Board members serve three-year terms without pay.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (10)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes