Candidates interested in running for one of the School Board's four at-large seats can begin circulating papers Dec. 1.
Four seats on the board are up for election this spring. Incumbent Jon Ray (Seat No. 5) announced at Monday's board meeting that he is not seeking re-election, while fellow incumbent Mary Jo Randall (No. 4) said she plans to run to retain her seat.
The other incumbents are Sharon Muehlfeld (Seat No. 6) and Lois Weber (Seat No. 7).
Election forms can be downloaded from the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board website, gab.wi.gov, or picked up at the district office in the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave.
Nomination papers must be filed by 5 p.m. Jan. 4. Papers must indicate the numbered seat for which a candidate intends to run. If more than two candidates for any numbered seat file nomination papers, a primary election will be held on Feb. 15.
Board members serve three-year terms without pay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director