Candidates interested in running for one of the School Board's four at-large seats can begin circulating papers Dec. 1.
Four seats on the board are up for election this spring. Incumbent Jon Ray (Seat No. 5) announced at Monday's board meeting that he is not seeking re-election, while fellow incumbent Mary Jo Randall (No. 4) said she plans to run to retain her seat.
The other incumbents are Sharon Muehlfeld (Seat No. 6) and Lois Weber (Seat No. 7).
Election forms can be downloaded from the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board website, gab.wi.gov, or picked up at the district office in the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave.
Nomination papers must be filed by 5 p.m. Jan. 4. Papers must indicate the numbered seat for which a candidate intends to run. If more than two candidates for any numbered seat file nomination papers, a primary election will be held on Feb. 15.
Board members serve three-year terms without pay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8
- Video: Wauwatosa man makes 'miracle' recovery after dying for 8 minutes (2)
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Council mistaken in not funding Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa officials could soon participate in meetings via computer
- Work at State Street Station in Wauwatosa has neighbors rattled (5)
- Wauwatosa students win dozens of awards from Alliance for Young Artists & Writers