Candidates interested in running for one of the School Board's four at-large seats can begin circulating papers Dec. 1.
Four seats on the board are up for election this spring. Incumbent Jon Ray (Seat No. 5) announced at Monday's board meeting that he is not seeking re-election, while fellow incumbent Mary Jo Randall (No. 4) said she plans to run to retain her seat.
The other incumbents are Sharon Muehlfeld (Seat No. 6) and Lois Weber (Seat No. 7).
Election forms can be downloaded from the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board website, gab.wi.gov, or picked up at the district office in the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave.
Nomination papers must be filed by 5 p.m. Jan. 4. Papers must indicate the numbered seat for which a candidate intends to run. If more than two candidates for any numbered seat file nomination papers, a primary election will be held on Feb. 15.
Board members serve three-year terms without pay.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle parking ban is obsolete
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers
- Irish Fest gears up for week of classes at Tosa's CelticMKE Center
- Tosa Skateboarders United hosts first event since opening of new park
- Friends of Center Street Park will launch new barbecue event July 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (4)