Candidates interested in running for one of the School Board's four at-large seats can begin circulating papers Dec. 1.
Four seats on the board are up for election this spring. Incumbent Jon Ray (Seat No. 5) announced at Monday's board meeting that he is not seeking re-election, while fellow incumbent Mary Jo Randall (No. 4) said she plans to run to retain her seat.
The other incumbents are Sharon Muehlfeld (Seat No. 6) and Lois Weber (Seat No. 7).
Election forms can be downloaded from the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board website, gab.wi.gov, or picked up at the district office in the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave.
Nomination papers must be filed by 5 p.m. Jan. 4. Papers must indicate the numbered seat for which a candidate intends to run. If more than two candidates for any numbered seat file nomination papers, a primary election will be held on Feb. 15.
Board members serve three-year terms without pay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Large Wauwatosa oak tree cut down after storm damage
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Annual '10 Days in Tosa' promises dining steals, good eats
- In Brief: Sept. 3