Candidates interested in running for one of the School Board's four at-large seats can begin circulating papers Dec. 1.
Four seats on the board are up for election this spring. Incumbent Jon Ray (Seat No. 5) announced at Monday's board meeting that he is not seeking re-election, while fellow incumbent Mary Jo Randall (No. 4) said she plans to run to retain her seat.
The other incumbents are Sharon Muehlfeld (Seat No. 6) and Lois Weber (Seat No. 7).
Election forms can be downloaded from the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board website, gab.wi.gov, or picked up at the district office in the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave.
Nomination papers must be filed by 5 p.m. Jan. 4. Papers must indicate the numbered seat for which a candidate intends to run. If more than two candidates for any numbered seat file nomination papers, a primary election will be held on Feb. 15.
Board members serve three-year terms without pay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options