Candidates interested in running for one of the School Board's four at-large seats can begin circulating papers Dec. 1.
Four seats on the board are up for election this spring. Incumbent Jon Ray (Seat No. 5) announced at Monday's board meeting that he is not seeking re-election, while fellow incumbent Mary Jo Randall (No. 4) said she plans to run to retain her seat.
The other incumbents are Sharon Muehlfeld (Seat No. 6) and Lois Weber (Seat No. 7).
Election forms can be downloaded from the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board website, gab.wi.gov, or picked up at the district office in the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave.
Nomination papers must be filed by 5 p.m. Jan. 4. Papers must indicate the numbered seat for which a candidate intends to run. If more than two candidates for any numbered seat file nomination papers, a primary election will be held on Feb. 15.
Board members serve three-year terms without pay.
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 28
- On the move: April 26, 2016