A 59-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for third-offense drunken driving after he drove into two buildings and another vehicle in East Tosa on Friday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A mother with three kids in the car was picking up food in the drive-through at McDonald's, 6631 W. North Ave., at 7:06 a.m. Friday. A car pulled around and struck the mother's vehicle and the restaurant.
It appeared the driver was aware of the mistake, because he started to back up. However, he only managed to hit the building again.
Then the car took off across North Avenue and struck a chiropractic office, 6610 W. North Ave.
Wauwatosa Fire Department paramedics responded because the man's face was cut in the collision. He was uncooperative with paramedics and police. While he was pinned in the vehicle by the airbags, he tried to light a cigarette.
He was taken to Froedtert Hospital for a blood draw to determine his level of intoxication. The district attorney is expected to issue charges.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police report 200 percent increase in vehicle thefts
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park (1)
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11