A 59-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for third-offense drunken driving after he drove into two buildings and another vehicle in East Tosa on Friday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A mother with three kids in the car was picking up food in the drive-through at McDonald's, 6631 W. North Ave., at 7:06 a.m. Friday. A car pulled around and struck the mother's vehicle and the restaurant.
It appeared the driver was aware of the mistake, because he started to back up. However, he only managed to hit the building again.
Then the car took off across North Avenue and struck a chiropractic office, 6610 W. North Ave.
Wauwatosa Fire Department paramedics responded because the man's face was cut in the collision. He was uncooperative with paramedics and police. While he was pinned in the vehicle by the airbags, he tried to light a cigarette.
He was taken to Froedtert Hospital for a blood draw to determine his level of intoxication. The district attorney is expected to issue charges.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School