A 59-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for third-offense drunken driving after he drove into two buildings and another vehicle in East Tosa on Friday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A mother with three kids in the car was picking up food in the drive-through at McDonald's, 6631 W. North Ave., at 7:06 a.m. Friday. A car pulled around and struck the mother's vehicle and the restaurant.
It appeared the driver was aware of the mistake, because he started to back up. However, he only managed to hit the building again.
Then the car took off across North Avenue and struck a chiropractic office, 6610 W. North Ave.
Wauwatosa Fire Department paramedics responded because the man's face was cut in the collision. He was uncooperative with paramedics and police. While he was pinned in the vehicle by the airbags, he tried to light a cigarette.
He was taken to Froedtert Hospital for a blood draw to determine his level of intoxication. The district attorney is expected to issue charges.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade