A rivalry between Tosa's two high schools got nasty following a sectional boys volleyball game in which Wauwatosa East defeated Wauwatosa West.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
While at home, the student who serves as Wauwatosa West High School's mascot was receiving taunting text messages from boys at Wauwatosa East.
Within a few minutes, he heard a loud noise coming from the front yard. An explosive was put in the mailbox and it was on the ground with leaves smoldering around it at 9:30 p.m. Nov. 12.
There have been no arrests made.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30