A rivalry between Tosa's two high schools got nasty following a sectional boys volleyball game in which Wauwatosa East defeated Wauwatosa West.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
While at home, the student who serves as Wauwatosa West High School's mascot was receiving taunting text messages from boys at Wauwatosa East.
Within a few minutes, he heard a loud noise coming from the front yard. An explosive was put in the mailbox and it was on the ground with leaves smoldering around it at 9:30 p.m. Nov. 12.
There have been no arrests made.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new science requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drive
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31