A rivalry between Tosa's two high schools got nasty following a sectional boys volleyball game in which Wauwatosa East defeated Wauwatosa West.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
While at home, the student who serves as Wauwatosa West High School's mascot was receiving taunting text messages from boys at Wauwatosa East.
Within a few minutes, he heard a loud noise coming from the front yard. An explosive was put in the mailbox and it was on the ground with leaves smoldering around it at 9:30 p.m. Nov. 12.
There have been no arrests made.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?