A rivalry between Tosa's two high schools got nasty following a sectional boys volleyball game in which Wauwatosa East defeated Wauwatosa West.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
While at home, the student who serves as Wauwatosa West High School's mascot was receiving taunting text messages from boys at Wauwatosa East.
Within a few minutes, he heard a loud noise coming from the front yard. An explosive was put in the mailbox and it was on the ground with leaves smoldering around it at 9:30 p.m. Nov. 12.
There have been no arrests made.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa