A man was robbed while walking in East Tosa, but the robbers were disappointed that he only had $1 in his wallet.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
The 23-year-old man had gotten off the bus and was walking in the 6400 block of North Avenue when a man approached and took his elbow. He led him into a parking lot, where an accomplice was waiting behind a building.
The duo took the victim's cell phone, MP3 and wallet. When they found little money in the wallet they accused him of holding out on them.
"We might have to bust out the gun and pop you," one of the robbers said.
They took his driver's license and other IDs and told him they now knew where he lived.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands