A man was robbed while walking in East Tosa, but the robbers were disappointed that he only had $1 in his wallet.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
The 23-year-old man had gotten off the bus and was walking in the 6400 block of North Avenue when a man approached and took his elbow. He led him into a parking lot, where an accomplice was waiting behind a building.
The duo took the victim's cell phone, MP3 and wallet. When they found little money in the wallet they accused him of holding out on them.
"We might have to bust out the gun and pop you," one of the robbers said.
They took his driver's license and other IDs and told him they now knew where he lived.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fattoni's on North Avenue shuts down
- Matt Stippich will bring leadership skills, passion to council post
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program