Milwaukee County Transit System will install a bus shelter at the northeast corner of Mayfair and Blue Mound roads to protect waiting passengers at the busy intersection.
The transit system has received complaints of cars crossing the passenger boarding pad while entering the parking lot at this corner. That puts waiting passengers at severe risk, said Fran Musci, an MCTS representative, in a letter to the city.
By installing the shelter, it lets drivers know that the bus stop is not an entrance.
Wauwatosa Common Council on Tuesday gave permission, and the transit system is also seeking approval from the state, because Mayfair Road is also known as State Highway 100. The shelter will be owned and maintained by MCTS.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?