Milwaukee County Transit System will install a bus shelter at the northeast corner of Mayfair and Blue Mound roads to protect waiting passengers at the busy intersection.
The transit system has received complaints of cars crossing the passenger boarding pad while entering the parking lot at this corner. That puts waiting passengers at severe risk, said Fran Musci, an MCTS representative, in a letter to the city.
By installing the shelter, it lets drivers know that the bus stop is not an entrance.
Wauwatosa Common Council on Tuesday gave permission, and the transit system is also seeking approval from the state, because Mayfair Road is also known as State Highway 100. The shelter will be owned and maintained by MCTS.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Former Wauwatosa priest pleads not guilty to embezzlement charges
- New principal at Lincoln Elementary vows to help students find their 'spark'
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28