Milwaukee County Transit System will install a bus shelter at the northeast corner of Mayfair and Blue Mound roads to protect waiting passengers at the busy intersection.
The transit system has received complaints of cars crossing the passenger boarding pad while entering the parking lot at this corner. That puts waiting passengers at severe risk, said Fran Musci, an MCTS representative, in a letter to the city.
By installing the shelter, it lets drivers know that the bus stop is not an entrance.
Wauwatosa Common Council on Tuesday gave permission, and the transit system is also seeking approval from the state, because Mayfair Road is also known as State Highway 100. The shelter will be owned and maintained by MCTS.
- Tosa Farmers Market opens June 4 with new manager, new vendors
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 2
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 22 - 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was a home on the parkway razed?
- Youth group raises funds by planting pink flamingos
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 2
- School Notes: June 2
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle ordinance should be preserved (3)
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 2
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo