Milwaukee County Transit System will install a bus shelter at the northeast corner of Mayfair and Blue Mound roads to protect waiting passengers at the busy intersection.
The transit system has received complaints of cars crossing the passenger boarding pad while entering the parking lot at this corner. That puts waiting passengers at severe risk, said Fran Musci, an MCTS representative, in a letter to the city.
By installing the shelter, it lets drivers know that the bus stop is not an entrance.
Wauwatosa Common Council on Tuesday gave permission, and the transit system is also seeking approval from the state, because Mayfair Road is also known as State Highway 100. The shelter will be owned and maintained by MCTS.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Biz Buzz: July 31
- Wauwatosa's Firefly Art Fair a natural landscape of beauty
- Residents invited to help design Wauwatosa skatepark
- Accordionist wows folk dancing club with range of international music
- Business Notes: July 31
- Hawaiian grocery crowd-funds commercial kitchen
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014