Milwaukee County Transit System will install a bus shelter at the northeast corner of Mayfair and Blue Mound roads to protect waiting passengers at the busy intersection.
The transit system has received complaints of cars crossing the passenger boarding pad while entering the parking lot at this corner. That puts waiting passengers at severe risk, said Fran Musci, an MCTS representative, in a letter to the city.
By installing the shelter, it lets drivers know that the bus stop is not an entrance.
Wauwatosa Common Council on Tuesday gave permission, and the transit system is also seeking approval from the state, because Mayfair Road is also known as State Highway 100. The shelter will be owned and maintained by MCTS.
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1