A man armed with a semi-automatic pistol attempted to rob George Webb, 6108 W. Bluemound Ave., at 4:43 a.m. Nov. 11.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man entered the restaurant through the front door. He demanded employees open a safe in the back of the kitchen, but the employees were unable to do so. The man then smashed the cash register on the ground in an attempt to collect the cash, but the register did not open. He left through a rear door and ran off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- DA's office will not bring criminal charges against officers who shot and killed man with sword (1)
- Mayfair mall, Susan G. Komen host series of breast cancer events
- Wauwatosa schools celebrate Walk to School Day on Oct. 7
- Wauwatosa Fire Department earns accreditation, and is now more data-driven than ever
- A tour of homes with a flavor of architecture and history
- Wauwatosa West High School homecoming is student-run this year
- Tosa Farmers Market pushes for end-of-year attendance
- In brief: author chat, budget talks, spring election
- Wauwatosa School Board approves superintendent's new contract, salary
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Oct. 1