The city will provide more parking spaces in the heart of the Village this holiday shopping season.
Village business owners are hoping people will do their shopping and have their holiday get-togethers in the Business Improvement District.
With that in mind, Wauwatosa's Board of Public Works on Monday authorized use of the south parking lot adjacent to Fire Station No. 1 as a public parking lot from 7 a.m. to midnight daily through Jan. 17.
The lot is expected to become available later this week or early next week when construction on the fire station is complete. A sign will be installed alerting Village patrons when the lot opens to the public.
Village officials have heard complaints about perceived parking shortages. There are several hundred spaces, but many require a short walk to get to local shops. With the winter chill setting in and the potential for shoppers to have arms filled with packages, the BID is trying to make parking more convenient for the holiday season.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning
- Wauwatosa students reducing plastic pollution headed to global competition