The city will provide more parking spaces in the heart of the Village this holiday shopping season.
Village business owners are hoping people will do their shopping and have their holiday get-togethers in the Business Improvement District.
With that in mind, Wauwatosa's Board of Public Works on Monday authorized use of the south parking lot adjacent to Fire Station No. 1 as a public parking lot from 7 a.m. to midnight daily through Jan. 17.
The lot is expected to become available later this week or early next week when construction on the fire station is complete. A sign will be installed alerting Village patrons when the lot opens to the public.
Village officials have heard complaints about perceived parking shortages. There are several hundred spaces, but many require a short walk to get to local shops. With the winter chill setting in and the potential for shoppers to have arms filled with packages, the BID is trying to make parking more convenient for the holiday season.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes