The city will provide more parking spaces in the heart of the Village this holiday shopping season.
Village business owners are hoping people will do their shopping and have their holiday get-togethers in the Business Improvement District.
With that in mind, Wauwatosa's Board of Public Works on Monday authorized use of the south parking lot adjacent to Fire Station No. 1 as a public parking lot from 7 a.m. to midnight daily through Jan. 17.
The lot is expected to become available later this week or early next week when construction on the fire station is complete. A sign will be installed alerting Village patrons when the lot opens to the public.
Village officials have heard complaints about perceived parking shortages. There are several hundred spaces, but many require a short walk to get to local shops. With the winter chill setting in and the potential for shoppers to have arms filled with packages, the BID is trying to make parking more convenient for the holiday season.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City offers developers financial assistance for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23
- In Our Schools: Oct. 23
- Biz Buzz: Corner Bakery, T.J. Maxx, Pizza Man, Camp Bar Tosa, Hue Vietnamese Restaurant
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring