MyCommunityNOW.com photojournalist Peter Zuzga has created this photo gallery from the scene yesterday in the City of Brookfield as law enforcement officers from throughout the metro area surrounded a house where a man had barricaded himself.
Police said the man was involved in a fatal crash on Highway 45 and fled from the scene to the house near the intersection of 128th and Wright Streets. He ordered the occupants of the home to leave and locked himself inside. The man was arrested around 8:40 p.m. after police fired tear gas into the home.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director