MyCommunityNOW.com photojournalist Peter Zuzga has created this photo gallery from the scene yesterday in the City of Brookfield as law enforcement officers from throughout the metro area surrounded a house where a man had barricaded himself.
Police said the man was involved in a fatal crash on Highway 45 and fled from the scene to the house near the intersection of 128th and Wright Streets. He ordered the occupants of the home to leave and locked himself inside. The man was arrested around 8:40 p.m. after police fired tear gas into the home.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94