MyCommunityNOW.com photojournalist Peter Zuzga has created this photo gallery from the scene yesterday in the City of Brookfield as law enforcement officers from throughout the metro area surrounded a house where a man had barricaded himself.
Police said the man was involved in a fatal crash on Highway 45 and fled from the scene to the house near the intersection of 128th and Wright Streets. He ordered the occupants of the home to leave and locked himself inside. The man was arrested around 8:40 p.m. after police fired tear gas into the home.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 23-29
- 10 Days in Tosa offers map to participating restaurants
- Large Wauwatosa oak tree cut down after storm damage
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas (1)
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?