MyCommunityNOW.com photojournalist Peter Zuzga has created this photo gallery from the scene yesterday in the City of Brookfield as law enforcement officers from throughout the metro area surrounded a house where a man had barricaded himself.
Police said the man was involved in a fatal crash on Highway 45 and fled from the scene to the house near the intersection of 128th and Wright Streets. He ordered the occupants of the home to leave and locked himself inside. The man was arrested around 8:40 p.m. after police fired tear gas into the home.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Protesters stage 'die-in' at Mayfair mall in support of Dontre Hamilton
- Tin-punch ornaments at Wauwatosa's Kneeland-Walker House honor Len Borkowski
- Former Maharaja partner opens India Garden in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News & Notes: Dec. 25
- Two years later, the loss of Wauwatosa Officer Sebena remains keen
- Cafe Blue opens in East Tosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Dec. 25
- News & Notes: Dec. 25
- The wheel of life keeps rolling at Johnson's bike store
- In Our Schools: Dec. 25, 2014