Two local businesses are teaming up to sell Christmas trees to raise money for high school baseball programs.
The Plan Commission and Community Development Committee this week supported a request by Locker's Florist and Leff's Lucky Town to sell the holiday trees. The Common Council will take final action Nov. 16.
The sale would begin the day after Thanksgiving at Leff's Lucky Town, 7206 W. State St.
Players and their parents from the Wauwatosa East and West baseball teams would work the sale. All profits would go to the baseball programs, said Chris Leffler, owner of Leff's Lucky Town.
The businesses got a temporary permit last year, but now they've decided to make it an annual fundraiser.
- Friends of Center Street Park will launch new barbecue event July 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo