Two local businesses are teaming up to sell Christmas trees to raise money for high school baseball programs.
The Plan Commission and Community Development Committee this week supported a request by Locker's Florist and Leff's Lucky Town to sell the holiday trees. The Common Council will take final action Nov. 16.
The sale would begin the day after Thanksgiving at Leff's Lucky Town, 7206 W. State St.
Players and their parents from the Wauwatosa East and West baseball teams would work the sale. All profits would go to the baseball programs, said Chris Leffler, owner of Leff's Lucky Town.
The businesses got a temporary permit last year, but now they've decided to make it an annual fundraiser.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa Green Summit returns Sept. 12
- Call for Taste of Tosa cupcake and chili registrants
- Wauwatosa West class of '65 to celebrate 50th high school reunion
- Library Recommendations: Sept. 3
- Retired Tosa detective thwarts attempted car thieves, one of whom was 12 (3)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Sept. 7
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 3