Two local businesses are teaming up to sell Christmas trees to raise money for high school baseball programs.
The Plan Commission and Community Development Committee this week supported a request by Locker's Florist and Leff's Lucky Town to sell the holiday trees. The Common Council will take final action Nov. 16.
The sale would begin the day after Thanksgiving at Leff's Lucky Town, 7206 W. State St.
Players and their parents from the Wauwatosa East and West baseball teams would work the sale. All profits would go to the baseball programs, said Chris Leffler, owner of Leff's Lucky Town.
The businesses got a temporary permit last year, but now they've decided to make it an annual fundraiser.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes