The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County hopes to raise $2.75 million this holiday season to pay for its annual Toy Shop and Christmas Family Feast programs, as well as year-round support of its emergency shelter, medical services, food pantries, meals to the homeless and care for military veterans.
Bell-ringing continues to serve as a major fundraiser. To volunteer a place of business as a bell-ringing site or to ring bells call (414) 302-4300 or visit SAmilwaukee.org.
This year's theme, Hope Wanted, draws attention to The Salvation Army's urgent need for financial support during the country's continuing economic crisis. The organization is seeing many families requesting assistance for the first time, and the total number of requests for help is up 30 percent over last year, according to a news release from the Wauwatosa-based chapter.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum