The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County hopes to raise $2.75 million this holiday season to pay for its annual Toy Shop and Christmas Family Feast programs, as well as year-round support of its emergency shelter, medical services, food pantries, meals to the homeless and care for military veterans.
Bell-ringing continues to serve as a major fundraiser. To volunteer a place of business as a bell-ringing site or to ring bells call (414) 302-4300 or visit SAmilwaukee.org.
This year's theme, Hope Wanted, draws attention to The Salvation Army's urgent need for financial support during the country's continuing economic crisis. The organization is seeing many families requesting assistance for the first time, and the total number of requests for help is up 30 percent over last year, according to a news release from the Wauwatosa-based chapter.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?