Three city employees have been selected by the mayor and city administrator to fill in after the retirement of the finance and public works directors.
City Engineer Bill Wehrley will take over as interim public works director when William Kappel retires at the end of the month.
As finance director, Ron Braier acted as treasurer and comptroller, so his job will be split between two staff members. Accounting Manager Jean Plass will handle comptroller duties, while Business Supervisor Derek Summerfield will oversee the treasurer's office.
Before these interim appointments become official, the Common Council must vote on them. Mayor Jill Didier has asked that a vote be held Nov. 16.
A recruitment firm has been hired to help the city find permanent replacements. An anticipated timeline shows new public works and finance directors could be chosen in early January.
The firm also is working to find a new fire chief. The Police and Fire Commission has already selected Assistant Fire Chief Michael Anton to take over temporarily after Chief Dean Redman retires in January.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands