Three city employees have been selected by the mayor and city administrator to fill in after the retirement of the finance and public works directors.
City Engineer Bill Wehrley will take over as interim public works director when William Kappel retires at the end of the month.
As finance director, Ron Braier acted as treasurer and comptroller, so his job will be split between two staff members. Accounting Manager Jean Plass will handle comptroller duties, while Business Supervisor Derek Summerfield will oversee the treasurer's office.
Before these interim appointments become official, the Common Council must vote on them. Mayor Jill Didier has asked that a vote be held Nov. 16.
A recruitment firm has been hired to help the city find permanent replacements. An anticipated timeline shows new public works and finance directors could be chosen in early January.
The firm also is working to find a new fire chief. The Police and Fire Commission has already selected Assistant Fire Chief Michael Anton to take over temporarily after Chief Dean Redman retires in January.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern
- In Our Schools: March 26, 2015
- Hidden Tosa: The sordid life story of garbage
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: March 26