Three city employees have been selected by the mayor and city administrator to fill in after the retirement of the finance and public works directors.
City Engineer Bill Wehrley will take over as interim public works director when William Kappel retires at the end of the month.
As finance director, Ron Braier acted as treasurer and comptroller, so his job will be split between two staff members. Accounting Manager Jean Plass will handle comptroller duties, while Business Supervisor Derek Summerfield will oversee the treasurer's office.
Before these interim appointments become official, the Common Council must vote on them. Mayor Jill Didier has asked that a vote be held Nov. 16.
A recruitment firm has been hired to help the city find permanent replacements. An anticipated timeline shows new public works and finance directors could be chosen in early January.
The firm also is working to find a new fire chief. The Police and Fire Commission has already selected Assistant Fire Chief Michael Anton to take over temporarily after Chief Dean Redman retires in January.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (9)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building