Three city employees have been selected by the mayor and city administrator to fill in after the retirement of the finance and public works directors.
City Engineer Bill Wehrley will take over as interim public works director when William Kappel retires at the end of the month.
As finance director, Ron Braier acted as treasurer and comptroller, so his job will be split between two staff members. Accounting Manager Jean Plass will handle comptroller duties, while Business Supervisor Derek Summerfield will oversee the treasurer's office.
Before these interim appointments become official, the Common Council must vote on them. Mayor Jill Didier has asked that a vote be held Nov. 16.
A recruitment firm has been hired to help the city find permanent replacements. An anticipated timeline shows new public works and finance directors could be chosen in early January.
The firm also is working to find a new fire chief. The Police and Fire Commission has already selected Assistant Fire Chief Michael Anton to take over temporarily after Chief Dean Redman retires in January.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director