A woman who had been doing cocaine all day was surprised that she was being arrested for drug possession in Wauwatosa last week, Wauwatosa police said.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An officer pulled over a car at 72nd Street and North Avenue at 12:53 a.m. Nov. 3 because the license plates on it didn't belong to that car. The driver, a 29-year-old Milwaukee woman, said she had just purchased the car and was using old plates. She said she was in a hurry because she was taking a friend with a cut hand to the hospital.
After a quick records check, the officer learned she was on probation for maintaining a drug trafficking house. A search of the vehicle turned up a filet knife with an eight-inch blade that the driver said she keeps for protection. She was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon.
The officer also found 0.1 gram of cocaine, and a crack pipe that had been thrown out the car window. The passenger, a 41-year-old Milwaukee woman, had a hard time believing she had any drugs left in the car.
She said she had been smoking cocaine all day trying to get as high as possible. Had she known any drugs were left, she definitely would have smoked that, too, she told police. She went on to say that she has prostituted herself for drugs in the past. A background check showed she had previously been convicted of felony robbery.
After the Fire Department took the older woman to Froedtert Hospital for treatment of the injured hand, both women were arrested for drug possession and sent to Milwaukee County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa high schoolers will each receive personal Chromebook next year, according to plan
- Menomonee River Parkway temporarily closed for excavation
- Carhartt coming to Wauwatosa's Mayfair Collection
- Wauwatosa News IQ: March 5
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5