A woman who had been doing cocaine all day was surprised that she was being arrested for drug possession in Wauwatosa last week, Wauwatosa police said.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An officer pulled over a car at 72nd Street and North Avenue at 12:53 a.m. Nov. 3 because the license plates on it didn't belong to that car. The driver, a 29-year-old Milwaukee woman, said she had just purchased the car and was using old plates. She said she was in a hurry because she was taking a friend with a cut hand to the hospital.
After a quick records check, the officer learned she was on probation for maintaining a drug trafficking house. A search of the vehicle turned up a filet knife with an eight-inch blade that the driver said she keeps for protection. She was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon.
The officer also found 0.1 gram of cocaine, and a crack pipe that had been thrown out the car window. The passenger, a 41-year-old Milwaukee woman, had a hard time believing she had any drugs left in the car.
She said she had been smoking cocaine all day trying to get as high as possible. Had she known any drugs were left, she definitely would have smoked that, too, she told police. She went on to say that she has prostituted herself for drugs in the past. A background check showed she had previously been convicted of felony robbery.
After the Fire Department took the older woman to Froedtert Hospital for treatment of the injured hand, both women were arrested for drug possession and sent to Milwaukee County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series