The Wauwatosa School District is conducting a survey to gauge interest in establishing a Montessori school in 2011-12.
The survey, which closes Nov. 19, can be found here.
A preliminary presentation on a Montessori school came before the Wauwatosa School Board last month, but board members said they wanted more questions answered on costs, interest from the public and more before making a final decision.
Montessori education differs from traditional classroom instruction by using multiage classrooms, hands-on activities and cross-discipline curriculum. The method started more than 100 years ago in Italy, and school districts across the country have started to embrace the approach more in recent years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair