The Wauwatosa School District is conducting a survey to gauge interest in establishing a Montessori school in 2011-12.
The survey, which closes Nov. 19, can be found here.
A preliminary presentation on a Montessori school came before the Wauwatosa School Board last month, but board members said they wanted more questions answered on costs, interest from the public and more before making a final decision.
Montessori education differs from traditional classroom instruction by using multiage classrooms, hands-on activities and cross-discipline curriculum. The method started more than 100 years ago in Italy, and school districts across the country have started to embrace the approach more in recent years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: Sept. 25
- Correction: Volume of water possibly held by basins is 315 million gallons
- Cheveux brings fresh style to Wauwatosa's salon market
- Woman arrested in Wauwatosa for assault after allegedly punching a juvenile
- Five-story apartment complex proposed for Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card