The Wauwatosa School District is conducting a survey to gauge interest in establishing a Montessori school in 2011-12.
The survey, which closes Nov. 19, can be found here.
A preliminary presentation on a Montessori school came before the Wauwatosa School Board last month, but board members said they wanted more questions answered on costs, interest from the public and more before making a final decision.
Montessori education differs from traditional classroom instruction by using multiage classrooms, hands-on activities and cross-discipline curriculum. The method started more than 100 years ago in Italy, and school districts across the country have started to embrace the approach more in recent years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000