The Wauwatosa School District is conducting a survey to gauge interest in establishing a Montessori school in 2011-12.
The survey, which closes Nov. 19, can be found here.
A preliminary presentation on a Montessori school came before the Wauwatosa School Board last month, but board members said they wanted more questions answered on costs, interest from the public and more before making a final decision.
Montessori education differs from traditional classroom instruction by using multiage classrooms, hands-on activities and cross-discipline curriculum. The method started more than 100 years ago in Italy, and school districts across the country have started to embrace the approach more in recent years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands