The Wauwatosa School District is conducting a survey to gauge interest in establishing a Montessori school in 2011-12.
The survey, which closes Nov. 19, can be found here.
A preliminary presentation on a Montessori school came before the Wauwatosa School Board last month, but board members said they wanted more questions answered on costs, interest from the public and more before making a final decision.
Montessori education differs from traditional classroom instruction by using multiage classrooms, hands-on activities and cross-discipline curriculum. The method started more than 100 years ago in Italy, and school districts across the country have started to embrace the approach more in recent years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longtime Wauwatosa resident receives Distinguished Citizen Award
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: April 2
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Arpil 2
- Wauwatosa's Barbara Mohr brings cartoon characters to life on Easter eggs
- State Reps. Hutton and Kooyenga hold town hall meetings in Wauwatosa
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding