A 35-year-old Milwaukee man tried to hang himself at the Wauwatosa Police Department after he was arrested for attempting to rob George Webb last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man entered the restaurant, 7410 W. State St., with his hand in his pocket and a shirt covering his face at 6:30 a.m. Oct. 27. A waitress saw him arrive and locked herself and a co-worker in the back office.
A customer tried to run out of the restaurant, but he slipped and fell, wounding his hands, arms and leg. The robber demanded the customer's wallet and threatened to shoot him, but the customer refused.
The robber took off empty-handed but was stopped at 61st and Vliet streets. He said he had been living in a van that had been parked there.
Police got search warrants so they could take a mouth swab for DNA and look through the van.
While at the police station, the robber tried to hang himself, so he was taken to Milwaukee County Mental Health. He is expected to be charged by the district attorney in December.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Former Wauwatosa priest pleads not guilty to embezzlement charges
- New principal at Lincoln Elementary vows to help students find their 'spark'
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28