A 19-year-old Milwaukee man who deals marijuana led police on a short chase so officers would not find the pot in his car last week, Wauwatosa police said.
According to the police report:
An officer pulled behind a vehicle at 64th Street and Meinecke Avenue at 12:24 a.m. Oct. 27, and the driver accelerated in an attempt to elude the patrol car. He drove through several stop signs and sparks started shooting out from beneath the vehicle.
The vehicle eventually stopped at 58th and Wright streets because a belt broke and the car was no longer drivable.
He said he had been dealing marijuana and had 1.3 grams of the drug in the vehicle.
He was arrested for driving after his license had been suspended, eluding an officer and drug possession with intent to deliver.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools
- Wauwatosa school board hears proposals for new course offerings