A 19-year-old Milwaukee man who deals marijuana led police on a short chase so officers would not find the pot in his car last week, Wauwatosa police said.
According to the police report:
An officer pulled behind a vehicle at 64th Street and Meinecke Avenue at 12:24 a.m. Oct. 27, and the driver accelerated in an attempt to elude the patrol car. He drove through several stop signs and sparks started shooting out from beneath the vehicle.
The vehicle eventually stopped at 58th and Wright streets because a belt broke and the car was no longer drivable.
He said he had been dealing marijuana and had 1.3 grams of the drug in the vehicle.
He was arrested for driving after his license had been suspended, eluding an officer and drug possession with intent to deliver.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?