A 19-year-old Milwaukee man who deals marijuana led police on a short chase so officers would not find the pot in his car last week, Wauwatosa police said.
According to the police report:
An officer pulled behind a vehicle at 64th Street and Meinecke Avenue at 12:24 a.m. Oct. 27, and the driver accelerated in an attempt to elude the patrol car. He drove through several stop signs and sparks started shooting out from beneath the vehicle.
The vehicle eventually stopped at 58th and Wright streets because a belt broke and the car was no longer drivable.
He said he had been dealing marijuana and had 1.3 grams of the drug in the vehicle.
He was arrested for driving after his license had been suspended, eluding an officer and drug possession with intent to deliver.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 9
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 9
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 28-July 4
- Wauwatosa Meetings: July 9
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 13
- Meijer announces opening date in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa to participate in "Click It or Ticket" enforcement
- Tosa East student completes leadership program at Yale University
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (3)
- Walker plans to file for president today