Three Wauwatosa East High School students have sent thousands of harassing text messages to each other and school officials have had enough.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Between Sept. 2 and Oct. 22, two 17-year-old girls and the 18-year-old boy they had each dated sent about 200 text messages per day calling each other names and threatening violence.
Students signed a no-contact order earlier this year when they were harassing each other over phone and at school. On several occasions, the students had to be removed from school due to threat of violence. Still they continued the harassment.
A sampling of messages included, "Pretty much every time I see you I feel like throwing up" and, "I'd fight you any time, anywhere."
On Oct. 22 the students and their parents were brought in to help curb the disorderly behavior. Two of the parents agreed to phone limitations and to provide a record of the text messages. The third parent said her daughter was only responding and threatened to sue someone.
School officials said the harassment had escalated to a safety issue and arrests for disorderly conduct would be made if it continued.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa