A woman who pulled a fire alarm at the Cheesecake Factory ended up alerting police to the stolen goods she had in the getaway car last week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
An 18-year-old woman, 16-year-old girl and 18-year-old man dressed as a woman walked into the restaurant on the Mayfair Mall property and asked for "free water." After spending some time at the bar, they started to leave. The girl pulled the alarm on the way out.
Their vehicle was stopped at 104th Street and North Avenue, where a large number of items taken from various mall stores was recovered.
All three were arrested for possession of stolen property at 6:38 p.m. Oct. 18. They were also banned from the mall for five years.
The girl was also cited for triggering a false fire alarm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills