A woman who pulled a fire alarm at the Cheesecake Factory ended up alerting police to the stolen goods she had in the getaway car last week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
An 18-year-old woman, 16-year-old girl and 18-year-old man dressed as a woman walked into the restaurant on the Mayfair Mall property and asked for "free water." After spending some time at the bar, they started to leave. The girl pulled the alarm on the way out.
Their vehicle was stopped at 104th Street and North Avenue, where a large number of items taken from various mall stores was recovered.
All three were arrested for possession of stolen property at 6:38 p.m. Oct. 18. They were also banned from the mall for five years.
The girl was also cited for triggering a false fire alarm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?