A woman who pulled a fire alarm at the Cheesecake Factory ended up alerting police to the stolen goods she had in the getaway car last week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
An 18-year-old woman, 16-year-old girl and 18-year-old man dressed as a woman walked into the restaurant on the Mayfair Mall property and asked for "free water." After spending some time at the bar, they started to leave. The girl pulled the alarm on the way out.
Their vehicle was stopped at 104th Street and North Avenue, where a large number of items taken from various mall stores was recovered.
All three were arrested for possession of stolen property at 6:38 p.m. Oct. 18. They were also banned from the mall for five years.
The girl was also cited for triggering a false fire alarm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting