A woman who pulled a fire alarm at the Cheesecake Factory ended up alerting police to the stolen goods she had in the getaway car last week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
An 18-year-old woman, 16-year-old girl and 18-year-old man dressed as a woman walked into the restaurant on the Mayfair Mall property and asked for "free water." After spending some time at the bar, they started to leave. The girl pulled the alarm on the way out.
Their vehicle was stopped at 104th Street and North Avenue, where a large number of items taken from various mall stores was recovered.
All three were arrested for possession of stolen property at 6:38 p.m. Oct. 18. They were also banned from the mall for five years.
The girl was also cited for triggering a false fire alarm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School