A woman who pulled a fire alarm at the Cheesecake Factory ended up alerting police to the stolen goods she had in the getaway car last week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
An 18-year-old woman, 16-year-old girl and 18-year-old man dressed as a woman walked into the restaurant on the Mayfair Mall property and asked for "free water." After spending some time at the bar, they started to leave. The girl pulled the alarm on the way out.
Their vehicle was stopped at 104th Street and North Avenue, where a large number of items taken from various mall stores was recovered.
All three were arrested for possession of stolen property at 6:38 p.m. Oct. 18. They were also banned from the mall for five years.
The girl was also cited for triggering a false fire alarm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dry cleaner seeks expansion into old City Market in Wauwatosa
- Twirly Birds vintage store plans return to Wauwatosa
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives