A woman who pulled a fire alarm at the Cheesecake Factory ended up alerting police to the stolen goods she had in the getaway car last week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
An 18-year-old woman, 16-year-old girl and 18-year-old man dressed as a woman walked into the restaurant on the Mayfair Mall property and asked for "free water." After spending some time at the bar, they started to leave. The girl pulled the alarm on the way out.
Their vehicle was stopped at 104th Street and North Avenue, where a large number of items taken from various mall stores was recovered.
All three were arrested for possession of stolen property at 6:38 p.m. Oct. 18. They were also banned from the mall for five years.
The girl was also cited for triggering a false fire alarm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)