A woman who pulled a fire alarm at the Cheesecake Factory ended up alerting police to the stolen goods she had in the getaway car last week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
An 18-year-old woman, 16-year-old girl and 18-year-old man dressed as a woman walked into the restaurant on the Mayfair Mall property and asked for "free water." After spending some time at the bar, they started to leave. The girl pulled the alarm on the way out.
Their vehicle was stopped at 104th Street and North Avenue, where a large number of items taken from various mall stores was recovered.
All three were arrested for possession of stolen property at 6:38 p.m. Oct. 18. They were also banned from the mall for five years.
The girl was also cited for triggering a false fire alarm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: Oct. 8
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 27 - Oct. 3
- Bedbugs found in Wauwatosa juvenile court center (1)
- Wauwatosa police to try out body cameras on motorcycle patrols
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Oct. 8
- Nordstrom Mayfair announces gala, late-night party fundraising events
- Block Legal Services opens in Wauwatosa
- DA's office will not bring criminal charges against officers who shot and killed man with sword (1)
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Mayfair mall, Susan G. Komen host series of breast cancer events