The two aldermen who represent Wauwatosa's 8th District have been vocal opponents of eliminating positions within the Fire Department, believing it would cause a service reduction that could have life-threatening consequences for their constituents.
Fire officials have said not filling three vacant positions would shut down a back-up ambulance at Fire Station No. 2 on the city's north side. That would mean crews would have to travel further from within the city or neighboring communities to respond.
This morning, aldermen Jason Wilke and Craig Wilson issued a letter on the topic and urged residents to provide their opinions during a Nov. 9 public hearing before the Common Council.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11
- Fat Tuesday: How Wauwatosa celebrated
- Wauwatosa George Webb employee tricked into giving away $1,000
- Tosa officers return to work following police-involved shooting