The two aldermen who represent Wauwatosa's 8th District have been vocal opponents of eliminating positions within the Fire Department, believing it would cause a service reduction that could have life-threatening consequences for their constituents.
Fire officials have said not filling three vacant positions would shut down a back-up ambulance at Fire Station No. 2 on the city's north side. That would mean crews would have to travel further from within the city or neighboring communities to respond.
This morning, aldermen Jason Wilke and Craig Wilson issued a letter on the topic and urged residents to provide their opinions during a Nov. 9 public hearing before the Common Council.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Biz Buzz: Corner Bakery, T.J. Maxx, Pizza Man, Camp Bar Tosa, Hue Vietnamese Restaurant
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring
- T.J. Maxx opening Oct. 30 in Wauwatosa
- Business Spotlight: Designing, contracting go hand in hand for French Country Pine
- Things to Do: Oct. 23
- 500 free winter emergency kits given away at Mayfair tomorrow
- Camp Bar Tosa opens Saturday
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school