The two aldermen who represent Wauwatosa's 8th District have been vocal opponents of eliminating positions within the Fire Department, believing it would cause a service reduction that could have life-threatening consequences for their constituents.
Fire officials have said not filling three vacant positions would shut down a back-up ambulance at Fire Station No. 2 on the city's north side. That would mean crews would have to travel further from within the city or neighboring communities to respond.
This morning, aldermen Jason Wilke and Craig Wilson issued a letter on the topic and urged residents to provide their opinions during a Nov. 9 public hearing before the Common Council.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Sept. 7
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 3
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (5)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa