Two Wauwatosa West students were arrested for resisting arrest and truancy after they were seen bicycling around the city and looking into garbage carts while they should have been at school last week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Two boys were seen going through garbages in the 1900 block of North 86th Street at 8:36 a.m. Oct. 11. An officer responded and activated the emergency lights on his squad car but one of the boys turned his bicycle around and starting pedaling away. He eventually dumped his bicycle in a driveway and ran through residential yards in the 2000 block of North 85th Street before he was stopped.
Meanwhile, the second teen was stopped and told to sit on the curb while his friend was found. Police got an anonymous call saying the boy had made his way to 86th Street and Stickney Avenue. He had given a fake name - that of one of the district's elementary school principals - to police when he was first stopped.
A search of the second boy's pockets turned up two rings, which had been taken from his friend's house. The stepmother said she believed the boy had been hiding out in her home since he has been reported missing Sept. 23. He was also arrested for theft and sent to Children's Court.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)