A 71-year-old Waukesha man who had been pulled over for his fourth drunken driving offense got into more trouble when he insisted on urinating on a tree as officers were making the arrest Saturday morning.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Officers pulled over the man's vehicle in the 10100 block of Blue Mound Road at 2:04 a.m. because he had unregistered license plates. While the officer was checking his record, the man got out of his car and said he needed to use the bathroom.
He didn't like the officer's order that urinating would have to wait, so he relieved himself on a nearby tree.
He refused to submit to a Breathalyzer test, so he was taken to a local hospital for a blood draw. He resisted and tried to hit one officer in the face and put another in a headlock with his legs.
The man complained of arm and leg pain so he was checked out by doctors. Then he started making suicidal comments so he was taken to the Milwaukee County Mental Health Complex.
He was also arrested for disorderly conduct and driving after his license had been revoked.
The district attorney is expected to take up the case later this week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options