A Maryland man visiting his folks in Wauwatosa got a less than pleasant souvenir to remember the trip.
The 59-year-old was robbed of his wallet and punched in the face several times resulting in a fractured eye socket and stitches above his eye, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also according to the report:
The visitor was walking in the neighborhood of 65th Street and North Avenue just after 7 p.m. Oct. 14. He heard people running up from behind him, so he turned to look. At that moment he was slugged in the face by one person, while a second held his arms behind him and a third put him in a chokehold.
He said he briefly lost consciousness, but woke up to see several people running away. He was taken to Froedtert Hospital.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa parents to ask Sen. Vukmir to restore education funding at forum tonight
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23