A Maryland man visiting his folks in Wauwatosa got a less than pleasant souvenir to remember the trip.
The 59-year-old was robbed of his wallet and punched in the face several times resulting in a fractured eye socket and stitches above his eye, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also according to the report:
The visitor was walking in the neighborhood of 65th Street and North Avenue just after 7 p.m. Oct. 14. He heard people running up from behind him, so he turned to look. At that moment he was slugged in the face by one person, while a second held his arms behind him and a third put him in a chokehold.
He said he briefly lost consciousness, but woke up to see several people running away. He was taken to Froedtert Hospital.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal