A Maryland man visiting his folks in Wauwatosa got a less than pleasant souvenir to remember the trip.
The 59-year-old was robbed of his wallet and punched in the face several times resulting in a fractured eye socket and stitches above his eye, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also according to the report:
The visitor was walking in the neighborhood of 65th Street and North Avenue just after 7 p.m. Oct. 14. He heard people running up from behind him, so he turned to look. At that moment he was slugged in the face by one person, while a second held his arms behind him and a third put him in a chokehold.
He said he briefly lost consciousness, but woke up to see several people running away. He was taken to Froedtert Hospital.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 18
- Public Forum: E-cig rejection based on bias
- Thai-namite plans fall through in East Tosa
- Chili'n on the Ave. is Saturday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 11
- Chinese students seek brighter futures in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: How to stop medical center employees from smoking on nearby streets
- Developers want city help for Wauwatosa housing project on Underwood Ave.
- Wauwatosa's 10 Days in Tosa is in full swing
- Wauwatosa Plan Commission votes against e-cigarette store