A Maryland man visiting his folks in Wauwatosa got a less than pleasant souvenir to remember the trip.
The 59-year-old was robbed of his wallet and punched in the face several times resulting in a fractured eye socket and stitches above his eye, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also according to the report:
The visitor was walking in the neighborhood of 65th Street and North Avenue just after 7 p.m. Oct. 14. He heard people running up from behind him, so he turned to look. At that moment he was slugged in the face by one person, while a second held his arms behind him and a third put him in a chokehold.
He said he briefly lost consciousness, but woke up to see several people running away. He was taken to Froedtert Hospital.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police report 200 percent increase in vehicle thefts (2)
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (2)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park (1)
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11