A Wauwatosa West student who showed up to the homecoming dance led police to discover nearly 11 grams of pot in his car.
According to a police report:
The 17-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for possession of marijuana with intent to deliver after his vehicle was searched at 9:15 p.m. Saturday.
Chaperons noticed that he and his date, a 17-year-old Wauwatosa girl, were having trouble standing and were shaking during the dance. Eventually they said they had been smoking marijuana in the car beforehand.
He was also cited for having drugs within 1,000 feet of school property.
His date was issued a municipal citation for marijuana possession, but the boy was sent to Milwaukee County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands