A Wauwatosa West student who showed up to the homecoming dance led police to discover nearly 11 grams of pot in his car.
According to a police report:
The 17-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for possession of marijuana with intent to deliver after his vehicle was searched at 9:15 p.m. Saturday.
Chaperons noticed that he and his date, a 17-year-old Wauwatosa girl, were having trouble standing and were shaking during the dance. Eventually they said they had been smoking marijuana in the car beforehand.
He was also cited for having drugs within 1,000 feet of school property.
His date was issued a municipal citation for marijuana possession, but the boy was sent to Milwaukee County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (8)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series