A Wauwatosa West student who showed up to the homecoming dance led police to discover nearly 11 grams of pot in his car.
According to a police report:
The 17-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for possession of marijuana with intent to deliver after his vehicle was searched at 9:15 p.m. Saturday.
Chaperons noticed that he and his date, a 17-year-old Wauwatosa girl, were having trouble standing and were shaking during the dance. Eventually they said they had been smoking marijuana in the car beforehand.
He was also cited for having drugs within 1,000 feet of school property.
His date was issued a municipal citation for marijuana possession, but the boy was sent to Milwaukee County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade