Greater Metro Conference cross-country runners gave it their all yesterday during the conference meet and NOW photojournalist Peter Zuzga was there capturing all the action from Milwaukee's Washington Park in this photo gallery.
Brookfield East used its superior depth to post a first-place finish in the girls portion of the meet by one point over Brookfield Central. Central's Elizabeth Flatley won the girls race on the 4,000-meter course in 15 minutes, 3 seconds. Marquette won the boys competition while Brookfield Central was second.
The gallery also features athletes from West Allis Hale and Central, Menomonee Falls, Hamilton and Wauwatosa East.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 3
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement