Greater Metro Conference cross-country runners gave it their all yesterday during the conference meet and NOW photojournalist Peter Zuzga was there capturing all the action from Milwaukee's Washington Park in this photo gallery.
Brookfield East used its superior depth to post a first-place finish in the girls portion of the meet by one point over Brookfield Central. Central's Elizabeth Flatley won the girls race on the 4,000-meter course in 15 minutes, 3 seconds. Marquette won the boys competition while Brookfield Central was second.
The gallery also features athletes from West Allis Hale and Central, Menomonee Falls, Hamilton and Wauwatosa East.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa reaches deal on Locust Street drop-off lot for students
- Consultant begins process to redesign Wauwatosa Village streetscape
- Wauwatosa farmers market opening for sixth season Saturday
- Milwaukee man charged for causing fatal rollover crash in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (4)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography