Greater Metro Conference cross-country runners gave it their all yesterday during the conference meet and NOW photojournalist Peter Zuzga was there capturing all the action from Milwaukee's Washington Park in this photo gallery.
Brookfield East used its superior depth to post a first-place finish in the girls portion of the meet by one point over Brookfield Central. Central's Elizabeth Flatley won the girls race on the 4,000-meter course in 15 minutes, 3 seconds. Marquette won the boys competition while Brookfield Central was second.
The gallery also features athletes from West Allis Hale and Central, Menomonee Falls, Hamilton and Wauwatosa East.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options