Greater Metro Conference cross-country runners gave it their all yesterday during the conference meet and NOW photojournalist Peter Zuzga was there capturing all the action from Milwaukee's Washington Park in this photo gallery.
Brookfield East used its superior depth to post a first-place finish in the girls portion of the meet by one point over Brookfield Central. Central's Elizabeth Flatley won the girls race on the 4,000-meter course in 15 minutes, 3 seconds. Marquette won the boys competition while Brookfield Central was second.
The gallery also features athletes from West Allis Hale and Central, Menomonee Falls, Hamilton and Wauwatosa East.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23