A man found bleeding profusely on the front lawn of a Wauwatosa home said he had been beaten by two people but could not recall the details of the attack Sunday morning.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A newspaper carrier alerted police to a 55-year-old man sitting on the ground in the 600 block of North 63rd Street with blood covering his head and clothing at 6:19 a.m.
He said he had been walking in the area - his home was only a few blocks away - when he had been attacked by two men. The victim smelled of alcohol and there was blood on the lawn and walkway.
At Froedtert Hospital, he was diagnosed with a forehead laceration, broken nose, fractured sinus cavity, brain bleeding and a hematoma. He was admitted to the hospital.
Police looked into the man's activities that night and found he had been drinking with a friend at bars in West Allis. He asked the friend to drop him off at Balistreri's Bluemound Inn, saying he planned to walk home.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can homeowners dispute sidewalk replacement decisions?
- Everything you need to know about the holiday train's Wauwatosa stop
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa firefighters captured on video battling car flames
- German retailer VOM FASS opens at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa man involved in fatal Dane County crash
- Wauwatosa Holiday Happenings 2015
- Stone Creek Coffee looks to open new Wauwatosa shop on Harwood Avenue
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7