A man found bleeding profusely on the front lawn of a Wauwatosa home said he had been beaten by two people but could not recall the details of the attack Sunday morning.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A newspaper carrier alerted police to a 55-year-old man sitting on the ground in the 600 block of North 63rd Street with blood covering his head and clothing at 6:19 a.m.
He said he had been walking in the area - his home was only a few blocks away - when he had been attacked by two men. The victim smelled of alcohol and there was blood on the lawn and walkway.
At Froedtert Hospital, he was diagnosed with a forehead laceration, broken nose, fractured sinus cavity, brain bleeding and a hematoma. He was admitted to the hospital.
Police looked into the man's activities that night and found he had been drinking with a friend at bars in West Allis. He asked the friend to drop him off at Balistreri's Bluemound Inn, saying he planned to walk home.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23