A woman's purse was snatched and her life threatened at a Wauwatosa gas station last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 24-year-old woman had gone into BP, 7532 W. Center St., to pre-pay for gas at 10:31 p.m. Thursday. A man who had been speaking with the clerk about cigarettes followed her out of the convenience store.
He tried to knock the purse off her shoulder from behind, but she got a grip on it. They both started pulling, and he said he would kill her if she didn't let go. The strap broke, and he was able to run off with the purse.
Her wallet was found nearby, and the purse was found the next day by a woman walking at 72nd and Clarke streets.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum
- Wauwatosa closer to allowing beekeeping
- Vape Haven rejected by Wauwatosa Common Council