A woman's purse was snatched and her life threatened at a Wauwatosa gas station last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 24-year-old woman had gone into BP, 7532 W. Center St., to pre-pay for gas at 10:31 p.m. Thursday. A man who had been speaking with the clerk about cigarettes followed her out of the convenience store.
He tried to knock the purse off her shoulder from behind, but she got a grip on it. They both started pulling, and he said he would kill her if she didn't let go. The strap broke, and he was able to run off with the purse.
Her wallet was found nearby, and the purse was found the next day by a woman walking at 72nd and Clarke streets.
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall (22)
- Our newspaper website is changing