A woman's purse was snatched and her life threatened at a Wauwatosa gas station last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 24-year-old woman had gone into BP, 7532 W. Center St., to pre-pay for gas at 10:31 p.m. Thursday. A man who had been speaking with the clerk about cigarettes followed her out of the convenience store.
He tried to knock the purse off her shoulder from behind, but she got a grip on it. They both started pulling, and he said he would kill her if she didn't let go. The strap broke, and he was able to run off with the purse.
Her wallet was found nearby, and the purse was found the next day by a woman walking at 72nd and Clarke streets.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa students hit same average ACT score as last year
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Wauwatosa pastor defends political speech in federal court case
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words