A woman's purse was snatched and her life threatened at a Wauwatosa gas station last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 24-year-old woman had gone into BP, 7532 W. Center St., to pre-pay for gas at 10:31 p.m. Thursday. A man who had been speaking with the clerk about cigarettes followed her out of the convenience store.
He tried to knock the purse off her shoulder from behind, but she got a grip on it. They both started pulling, and he said he would kill her if she didn't let go. The strap broke, and he was able to run off with the purse.
Her wallet was found nearby, and the purse was found the next day by a woman walking at 72nd and Clarke streets.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives
- Wauwatosa committee recommends denial of Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure request
- News & Notes: Feb. 26