A woman's purse was snatched and her life threatened at a Wauwatosa gas station last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 24-year-old woman had gone into BP, 7532 W. Center St., to pre-pay for gas at 10:31 p.m. Thursday. A man who had been speaking with the clerk about cigarettes followed her out of the convenience store.
He tried to knock the purse off her shoulder from behind, but she got a grip on it. They both started pulling, and he said he would kill her if she didn't let go. The strap broke, and he was able to run off with the purse.
Her wallet was found nearby, and the purse was found the next day by a woman walking at 72nd and Clarke streets.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills