Wauwatosa police busted a Milwaukee gang member for possession and selling cocaine.
Montrell Gardner, 31, was charged Friday with two felony counts and sits in jail until his hearing later this week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Gardner sold two "eight balls," which are one-eighth ounces of cocaine, during a sting operation in Milwaukee. He also had additional drugs in his vehicle.
He was already on probation for a prior conviction of drug possession with intent to deliver. His record also includes three other felony drug convictions since 1998.
Milwaukee police said they were familiar with Gardner for his involvement in gang violence.
Wauwatosa police searched his home two weeks ago and found three firearms.
The district attorney's violent crimes unit will be prosecuting the case.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30