Wauwatosa police busted a Milwaukee gang member for possession and selling cocaine.
Montrell Gardner, 31, was charged Friday with two felony counts and sits in jail until his hearing later this week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Gardner sold two "eight balls," which are one-eighth ounces of cocaine, during a sting operation in Milwaukee. He also had additional drugs in his vehicle.
He was already on probation for a prior conviction of drug possession with intent to deliver. His record also includes three other felony drug convictions since 1998.
Milwaukee police said they were familiar with Gardner for his involvement in gang violence.
Wauwatosa police searched his home two weeks ago and found three firearms.
The district attorney's violent crimes unit will be prosecuting the case.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives
- Wauwatosa committee recommends denial of Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure request
- News & Notes: Feb. 26