Wauwatosa police busted a Milwaukee gang member for possession and selling cocaine.
Montrell Gardner, 31, was charged Friday with two felony counts and sits in jail until his hearing later this week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Gardner sold two "eight balls," which are one-eighth ounces of cocaine, during a sting operation in Milwaukee. He also had additional drugs in his vehicle.
He was already on probation for a prior conviction of drug possession with intent to deliver. His record also includes three other felony drug convictions since 1998.
Milwaukee police said they were familiar with Gardner for his involvement in gang violence.
Wauwatosa police searched his home two weeks ago and found three firearms.
The district attorney's violent crimes unit will be prosecuting the case.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Biz Buzz: Corner Bakery, T.J. Maxx, Pizza Man, Camp Bar Tosa, Hue Vietnamese Restaurant
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring
- T.J. Maxx opening Oct. 30 in Wauwatosa
- Business Spotlight: Designing, contracting go hand in hand for French Country Pine
- Things to Do: Oct. 23
- 500 free winter emergency kits given away at Mayfair tomorrow
- Camp Bar Tosa opens Saturday
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school