Wauwatosa police busted a Milwaukee gang member for possession and selling cocaine.
Montrell Gardner, 31, was charged Friday with two felony counts and sits in jail until his hearing later this week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Gardner sold two "eight balls," which are one-eighth ounces of cocaine, during a sting operation in Milwaukee. He also had additional drugs in his vehicle.
He was already on probation for a prior conviction of drug possession with intent to deliver. His record also includes three other felony drug convictions since 1998.
Milwaukee police said they were familiar with Gardner for his involvement in gang violence.
Wauwatosa police searched his home two weeks ago and found three firearms.
The district attorney's violent crimes unit will be prosecuting the case.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings
- State Street Station in Wauwatosa Village gets preliminary approval
- DOT considering Mayfair Road expansion, acquisitions through Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Village businesses collect food donations for Tosa Cares
- Wauwatosa meetings: Jan. 22
- Wauwatosa West's We The People team advances to the National Finals in Washington, D.C.
- On the Move: Jan. 22
- In Our Schools: Jan. 22
- Ask Now: When will the work be done at Highway 100 and Capitol Drive?