The investigation is complete, but the cause of a fire that broke out above Speedway Sales and Service, 66th Street and North Avenue, on the Fourth of July remains unknown, fire officials said.
Investigators determined the fire started on the second-story porch, which was attached to an apartment, but they could not pinpoint the cause of the fire.
A family of three that had been living in the apartment awoke to the smell of smoke and saw the balcony on fire at 1:44 a.m. They all got out unharmed, and the fire was contained to the second floor.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options