The investigation is complete, but the cause of a fire that broke out above Speedway Sales and Service, 66th Street and North Avenue, on the Fourth of July remains unknown, fire officials said.
Investigators determined the fire started on the second-story porch, which was attached to an apartment, but they could not pinpoint the cause of the fire.
A family of three that had been living in the apartment awoke to the smell of smoke and saw the balcony on fire at 1:44 a.m. They all got out unharmed, and the fire was contained to the second floor.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade