The investigation is complete, but the cause of a fire that broke out above Speedway Sales and Service, 66th Street and North Avenue, on the Fourth of July remains unknown, fire officials said.
Investigators determined the fire started on the second-story porch, which was attached to an apartment, but they could not pinpoint the cause of the fire.
A family of three that had been living in the apartment awoke to the smell of smoke and saw the balcony on fire at 1:44 a.m. They all got out unharmed, and the fire was contained to the second floor.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa's Firefly Art Fair a natural landscape of beauty
- Residents invited to help design Wauwatosa skatepark
- Accordionist wows folk dancing club with range of international music
- Business Notes: July 31
- Hawaiian grocery crowd-funds commercial kitchen
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014