The investigation is complete, but the cause of a fire that broke out above Speedway Sales and Service, 66th Street and North Avenue, on the Fourth of July remains unknown, fire officials said.
Investigators determined the fire started on the second-story porch, which was attached to an apartment, but they could not pinpoint the cause of the fire.
A family of three that had been living in the apartment awoke to the smell of smoke and saw the balcony on fire at 1:44 a.m. They all got out unharmed, and the fire was contained to the second floor.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: Why do the schools have to rent Hart Park facilities?
- World War II vets take flight
- School Briefs: April 17
- Police Report: April 8
- City says goodbye to 'Mr. Wauwatosa'
- Culinary competitions heat up Wauwatosa School District
- Whitman students advance to state contest
- News & Notes: April 10