A 46-year-old homeless man was arrested for drunken driving for the seventh time after an officer heard his vehicle revving at Mayfair and Blue Mound roads Saturday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man's truck was weaving on the roadway and had a brake light out. He was stopped after he pulled into the Dave & Buster's parking lot at 2:28 a.m., after the business had closed for the night.
He told officers he didn't want to go back to prison and refused to answer any questions or take sobriety tests. A beer can was found in the cup-holder.
He had six prior drunken driving convictions, and he was driving despite having a revoked driver's license.
After his blood was drawn at Wisconsin Heart Hospital, he was taken to the Milwaukee County jail. The district attorney is expected to issue charges this week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11
- Fat Tuesday: How Wauwatosa celebrated
- Wauwatosa George Webb employee tricked into giving away $1,000
- Tosa officers return to work following police-involved shooting