A 46-year-old homeless man was arrested for drunken driving for the seventh time after an officer heard his vehicle revving at Mayfair and Blue Mound roads Saturday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man's truck was weaving on the roadway and had a brake light out. He was stopped after he pulled into the Dave & Buster's parking lot at 2:28 a.m., after the business had closed for the night.
He told officers he didn't want to go back to prison and refused to answer any questions or take sobriety tests. A beer can was found in the cup-holder.
He had six prior drunken driving convictions, and he was driving despite having a revoked driver's license.
After his blood was drawn at Wisconsin Heart Hospital, he was taken to the Milwaukee County jail. The district attorney is expected to issue charges this week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives
- Wauwatosa committee recommends denial of Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure request
- News & Notes: Feb. 26