A 46-year-old homeless man was arrested for drunken driving for the seventh time after an officer heard his vehicle revving at Mayfair and Blue Mound roads Saturday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man's truck was weaving on the roadway and had a brake light out. He was stopped after he pulled into the Dave & Buster's parking lot at 2:28 a.m., after the business had closed for the night.
He told officers he didn't want to go back to prison and refused to answer any questions or take sobriety tests. A beer can was found in the cup-holder.
He had six prior drunken driving convictions, and he was driving despite having a revoked driver's license.
After his blood was drawn at Wisconsin Heart Hospital, he was taken to the Milwaukee County jail. The district attorney is expected to issue charges this week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills (1)