A 46-year-old homeless man was arrested for drunken driving for the seventh time after an officer heard his vehicle revving at Mayfair and Blue Mound roads Saturday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man's truck was weaving on the roadway and had a brake light out. He was stopped after he pulled into the Dave & Buster's parking lot at 2:28 a.m., after the business had closed for the night.
He told officers he didn't want to go back to prison and refused to answer any questions or take sobriety tests. A beer can was found in the cup-holder.
He had six prior drunken driving convictions, and he was driving despite having a revoked driver's license.
After his blood was drawn at Wisconsin Heart Hospital, he was taken to the Milwaukee County jail. The district attorney is expected to issue charges this week.
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle parking ban is obsolete
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers
- Irish Fest gears up for week of classes at Tosa's CelticMKE Center
- Tosa Skateboarders United hosts first event since opening of new park
- Friends of Center Street Park will launch new barbecue event July 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week