Two residents from the city's 6th District want to fill the Common Council seat vacated by Thomas Herzog in August.
Randall Daut, a retired psychologist, and Jeff Roznowski, director of the Wisconsin Wireless Association, will meet with a selection committee of sitting aldermen Sept. 29 at City Hall.
In Daut's application, he said he's lived in the district for 28 years and has been working with neighbors to seek relief from sewer backups. Professionally, he's worked with government entities through the Wisconsin Psychological Association.
As for Roznowski, he has a track record of community involvement. He's president of the Wauwatosa Historical Society, vice chairman of the city's Youth Commission and a member of the Village Business Improvement District board.
The committee will conduct interviews and recommend a candidate to the entire council.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Thousands of items on sale at Wauwatosa Public Library in late October
- Wauwatosa School District to host 'Autism Insights and Strategies'
- Public invited to name baby giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes (1)
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop