Two residents from the city's 6th District want to fill the Common Council seat vacated by Thomas Herzog in August.
Randall Daut, a retired psychologist, and Jeff Roznowski, director of the Wisconsin Wireless Association, will meet with a selection committee of sitting aldermen Sept. 29 at City Hall.
In Daut's application, he said he's lived in the district for 28 years and has been working with neighbors to seek relief from sewer backups. Professionally, he's worked with government entities through the Wisconsin Psychological Association.
As for Roznowski, he has a track record of community involvement. He's president of the Wauwatosa Historical Society, vice chairman of the city's Youth Commission and a member of the Village Business Improvement District board.
The committee will conduct interviews and recommend a candidate to the entire council.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new science requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator sobers distracted drivers
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31
- Wauwatosa's Firefly Art Fair a natural landscape of beauty