Two residents from the city's 6th District want to fill the Common Council seat vacated by Thomas Herzog in August.
Randall Daut, a retired psychologist, and Jeff Roznowski, director of the Wisconsin Wireless Association, will meet with a selection committee of sitting aldermen Sept. 29 at City Hall.
In Daut's application, he said he's lived in the district for 28 years and has been working with neighbors to seek relief from sewer backups. Professionally, he's worked with government entities through the Wisconsin Psychological Association.
As for Roznowski, he has a track record of community involvement. He's president of the Wauwatosa Historical Society, vice chairman of the city's Youth Commission and a member of the Village Business Improvement District board.
The committee will conduct interviews and recommend a candidate to the entire council.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?