Two residents from the city's 6th District want to fill the Common Council seat vacated by Thomas Herzog in August.
Randall Daut, a retired psychologist, and Jeff Roznowski, director of the Wisconsin Wireless Association, will meet with a selection committee of sitting aldermen Sept. 29 at City Hall.
In Daut's application, he said he's lived in the district for 28 years and has been working with neighbors to seek relief from sewer backups. Professionally, he's worked with government entities through the Wisconsin Psychological Association.
As for Roznowski, he has a track record of community involvement. He's president of the Wauwatosa Historical Society, vice chairman of the city's Youth Commission and a member of the Village Business Improvement District board.
The committee will conduct interviews and recommend a candidate to the entire council.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum