The Wauwatosa School Board has approved spending $37,000 to implement a new math teaching program and $20,000 on a cargo van for the district's Buildings and Grounds Department.
The district will purchase Trans Math, a program that targets knowledge gaps in mathematics, for the special education departments at Longfellow, Whitman, East and West. Cost for materials is $32,000, and training costs will add another $5,000.
Both expenditures were approved unanimously.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director