The Wauwatosa School Board has approved spending $37,000 to implement a new math teaching program and $20,000 on a cargo van for the district's Buildings and Grounds Department.
The district will purchase Trans Math, a program that targets knowledge gaps in mathematics, for the special education departments at Longfellow, Whitman, East and West. Cost for materials is $32,000, and training costs will add another $5,000.
Both expenditures were approved unanimously.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?
- Two businesses in same building burglarized
- Wauwatosa Montessori students practice mind-body awareness with help from Growing Minds program
- Exercising eminent domain, Wauwatosa seeks warehouse property for school drop-off site
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Therapist finds himself enriched by a life shaped by transitions
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings