A Tosa homeowner found two men crawling around his backyard just hours after a car they'd been passengers in struck the home Sept. 9 - and police say they don't buy the excuse that the duo was looking for a cell phone and money lost there.
Instead, officers believe the men - a 23-year-old and a 24-year-old, both from West Allis - were searching for the more than 50 pills, mostly oxycodone and Xanax, the homeowner found in his yard after the crash, according to the Wauwatosa police report.
The 23-year-old man's girlfriend had been the driver during the crash. She had been found hiding in the backyard at 4:41 a.m.
The men were arrested for trespassing. Additionally, the 23-year-old was arrested for prowling and the 24-year-old was arrested on a warrant for driving with a revoked license and was found to be in violation of his probation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 3
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement