A Tosa homeowner found two men crawling around his backyard just hours after a car they'd been passengers in struck the home Sept. 9 - and police say they don't buy the excuse that the duo was looking for a cell phone and money lost there.
Instead, officers believe the men - a 23-year-old and a 24-year-old, both from West Allis - were searching for the more than 50 pills, mostly oxycodone and Xanax, the homeowner found in his yard after the crash, according to the Wauwatosa police report.
The 23-year-old man's girlfriend had been the driver during the crash. She had been found hiding in the backyard at 4:41 a.m.
The men were arrested for trespassing. Additionally, the 23-year-old was arrested for prowling and the 24-year-old was arrested on a warrant for driving with a revoked license and was found to be in violation of his probation.
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall
- Our newspaper website is changing
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 28
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)