Tosa's police dog tracked down a fleeing theft suspect in a residential neighborhood last week.
According to police:
A 53-year-old Milwaukee man took eight bottles of liquor - a total value of $264 - from Pick 'n Save, 1717 N. Mayfair Road, at 8:57 p.m. Friday.
He fled in a waiting vehicle and drove with the lights off to try to elude police. An officer spotted the vehicle and tried to pull it over. Just before the vehicle came to a stop, the passenger door opened and the man took off running.
Canine officer Addy was brought in to track the man's scent, and he was found hiding behind garbage cans in a backyard in the 8100 block of Jackson Park Boulevard.
The man had an extensive criminal history, including many retail thefts, dating back to 1975. The district attorney will review the case.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's up with the building at 7954 Harwood Ave.?
- Wauwatosa Business Notes: Oct. 15
- Boy Scout brings bocce ball court to Hart Park in Wauwatosa
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Notes: Oct. 15
- Public Forum: Police officers deserve support and thanks
- Wauwatosa fall leaf collection in progress
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Oct. 15
- Wauwatosa's Friends of Center Street Park to hold Fall Fest Oct. 17
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 15
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Oct. 19