Tosa's police dog tracked down a fleeing theft suspect in a residential neighborhood last week.
According to police:
A 53-year-old Milwaukee man took eight bottles of liquor - a total value of $264 - from Pick 'n Save, 1717 N. Mayfair Road, at 8:57 p.m. Friday.
He fled in a waiting vehicle and drove with the lights off to try to elude police. An officer spotted the vehicle and tried to pull it over. Just before the vehicle came to a stop, the passenger door opened and the man took off running.
Canine officer Addy was brought in to track the man's scent, and he was found hiding behind garbage cans in a backyard in the 8100 block of Jackson Park Boulevard.
The man had an extensive criminal history, including many retail thefts, dating back to 1975. The district attorney will review the case.
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department