Tosa's police dog tracked down a fleeing theft suspect in a residential neighborhood last week.
According to police:
A 53-year-old Milwaukee man took eight bottles of liquor - a total value of $264 - from Pick 'n Save, 1717 N. Mayfair Road, at 8:57 p.m. Friday.
He fled in a waiting vehicle and drove with the lights off to try to elude police. An officer spotted the vehicle and tried to pull it over. Just before the vehicle came to a stop, the passenger door opened and the man took off running.
Canine officer Addy was brought in to track the man's scent, and he was found hiding behind garbage cans in a backyard in the 8100 block of Jackson Park Boulevard.
The man had an extensive criminal history, including many retail thefts, dating back to 1975. The district attorney will review the case.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chili'n on the Ave. is Saturday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 11
- Chinese students seek brighter futures in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: How to stop medical center employees from smoking on nearby streets
- Developers want city help for Wauwatosa housing project on Underwood Ave.
- Wauwatosa's 10 Days in Tosa is in full swing
- Wauwatosa Plan Commission votes against e-cigarette store
- In retirement, Wauwatosans revive Shakespeare plays
- Wauwatosa's Rosebud upholds close-knit community after 83 years
- Self-publishing encouraged at Wauwatosa library panel discussion