Tosa's police dog tracked down a fleeing theft suspect in a residential neighborhood last week.
According to police:
A 53-year-old Milwaukee man took eight bottles of liquor - a total value of $264 - from Pick 'n Save, 1717 N. Mayfair Road, at 8:57 p.m. Friday.
He fled in a waiting vehicle and drove with the lights off to try to elude police. An officer spotted the vehicle and tried to pull it over. Just before the vehicle came to a stop, the passenger door opened and the man took off running.
Canine officer Addy was brought in to track the man's scent, and he was found hiding behind garbage cans in a backyard in the 8100 block of Jackson Park Boulevard.
The man had an extensive criminal history, including many retail thefts, dating back to 1975. The district attorney will review the case.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa firefighters captured on video battling car flames
- German retailer VOM FASS opens at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa man involved in fatal Dane County crash
- Wauwatosa Holiday Happenings 2015
- Stone Creek Coffee looks to open Harwood Avenue location in Tosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options