Tosa's police dog tracked down a fleeing theft suspect in a residential neighborhood last week.
According to police:
A 53-year-old Milwaukee man took eight bottles of liquor - a total value of $264 - from Pick 'n Save, 1717 N. Mayfair Road, at 8:57 p.m. Friday.
He fled in a waiting vehicle and drove with the lights off to try to elude police. An officer spotted the vehicle and tried to pull it over. Just before the vehicle came to a stop, the passenger door opened and the man took off running.
Canine officer Addy was brought in to track the man's scent, and he was found hiding behind garbage cans in a backyard in the 8100 block of Jackson Park Boulevard.
The man had an extensive criminal history, including many retail thefts, dating back to 1975. The district attorney will review the case.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills (1)