Pretty women cutting and coloring hair, filing nails and massaging sore muscles. Sounds like another salon/spa striving to primp and pamper its clients.
But the newest beauty business making its way to Tosa caters to those with a higher volume of testosterone. Knockouts aims to prove that men can be just as into their looks as women.
This would be the first Knockouts franchise in Wisconsin, and the owners say they hope to eventually operate a dozen salons in and around Milwaukee and Madison.
The concept mixes hair, massage and grooming (facials, waxing and nail) services with names like the Uppercut and Heavyweight with stylists reminiscent of Hooters girls with a bit more clothing.
The Wauwatosa salon would operate at One Mayfair Road, the shopping center at Mayfair Road and Center Street that is home to Starbucks and Flat-Top Grill.
The Plan Commission unanimously supported the business Monday night. The Community Development Committee on Sept. 28 will make a recommendation on whether to permit Knockouts.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series