A man pulled a gun on an employee on break in the parking lot of Denny's restaurant, 11155 W. North Ave., on Saturday morning.
According to police:
The employee had gone outside for a cigarette when he noticed a man inside the car that belonged to the employee's girlfriend, who also worked at the restaurant. He approached the car and saw the stereo had been removed.
The man asked the employee if that was his car. After he answered "yes," the man put a gun to his side and said he thought the vehicle belonged to his cousin, who owed him money. He planned to steal to make them even and it was just a mix-up. Then he got into another vehicle and drove off.
The stereo was found on the floor of the vehicle.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School