A man pulled a gun on an employee on break in the parking lot of Denny's restaurant, 11155 W. North Ave., on Saturday morning.
According to police:
The employee had gone outside for a cigarette when he noticed a man inside the car that belonged to the employee's girlfriend, who also worked at the restaurant. He approached the car and saw the stereo had been removed.
The man asked the employee if that was his car. After he answered "yes," the man put a gun to his side and said he thought the vehicle belonged to his cousin, who owed him money. He planned to steal to make them even and it was just a mix-up. Then he got into another vehicle and drove off.
The stereo was found on the floor of the vehicle.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94