A 31-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving for the second time after he rolled his car and the Jaws of Life had to be used to remove him from his vehicle last week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The man was driving on 92nd Street when the car left the roadway and struck a tree in the 4200 block, rolled over, slid 10 feet and came to a stop in the roadway at 1:43 a.m. Sept. 6.
A woman saw his car on its side and stopped. He told her he was drunk and she could smell alcohol and see blood coming from the vehicle.
After firefighters extracted him from the car, he was taken to Froedtert Hospital because he had lacerations to the front and back of his head from hitting the windshield.
He said he had just completed alcohol counseling classes for his first drunken driving arrest.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting
- Thai-namite plans new location in Wauwatosa's former City Market building
- Business Notes: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the apartments under construction on North Avenue so close to the street?
- Wauwatosa police say woman was dragged across parking lot in purse robbery (2)
- Thirsty Duck brings duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa (1)
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 2
- Gov. Scott Walker attends Wauwatosa bike race weeks before expected presidential run announcement (5)
- Kate Spade New York store to open at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa Meetings: July 2