A 31-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving for the second time after he rolled his car and the Jaws of Life had to be used to remove him from his vehicle last week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The man was driving on 92nd Street when the car left the roadway and struck a tree in the 4200 block, rolled over, slid 10 feet and came to a stop in the roadway at 1:43 a.m. Sept. 6.
A woman saw his car on its side and stopped. He told her he was drunk and she could smell alcohol and see blood coming from the vehicle.
After firefighters extracted him from the car, he was taken to Froedtert Hospital because he had lacerations to the front and back of his head from hitting the windshield.
He said he had just completed alcohol counseling classes for his first drunken driving arrest.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa