A Wauwatosa police officer was kicked in the face by a man who got caught with drugs in a Mayfair Mall restroom last week.
Michael Swain, 31, of Milwaukee was charged Tuesday with felony marijuana possession, second offense, and misdemeanor resisting arrest.
According to a police report:
A security guard overheard two men in the same restroom stall talking about drug activity at 8:13 p.m. Sept. 3. Officers arrived and smelled marijuana. They found a blunt in Swain's pocket and a bag containing 8.41 grams of pot.
Upon his arrest, he started getting agitated and banged his head on the back of the squad car and wall of the booking room. Eventually he went limp and officers had to carry him. That's when he kicked one of the officers in the face.
Swain has three prior misdemeanors on his record. He is in Milwaukee County Jail and scheduled to appear in court Sept. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options