A Wauwatosa police officer was kicked in the face by a man who got caught with drugs in a Mayfair Mall restroom last week.
Michael Swain, 31, of Milwaukee was charged Tuesday with felony marijuana possession, second offense, and misdemeanor resisting arrest.
According to a police report:
A security guard overheard two men in the same restroom stall talking about drug activity at 8:13 p.m. Sept. 3. Officers arrived and smelled marijuana. They found a blunt in Swain's pocket and a bag containing 8.41 grams of pot.
Upon his arrest, he started getting agitated and banged his head on the back of the squad car and wall of the booking room. Eventually he went limp and officers had to carry him. That's when he kicked one of the officers in the face.
Swain has three prior misdemeanors on his record. He is in Milwaukee County Jail and scheduled to appear in court Sept. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 3
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27