A Wauwatosa police officer was kicked in the face by a man who got caught with drugs in a Mayfair Mall restroom last week.
Michael Swain, 31, of Milwaukee was charged Tuesday with felony marijuana possession, second offense, and misdemeanor resisting arrest.
According to a police report:
A security guard overheard two men in the same restroom stall talking about drug activity at 8:13 p.m. Sept. 3. Officers arrived and smelled marijuana. They found a blunt in Swain's pocket and a bag containing 8.41 grams of pot.
Upon his arrest, he started getting agitated and banged his head on the back of the squad car and wall of the booking room. Eventually he went limp and officers had to carry him. That's when he kicked one of the officers in the face.
Swain has three prior misdemeanors on his record. He is in Milwaukee County Jail and scheduled to appear in court Sept. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Bavaria, relatively new, harkens to the old world
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 30
- Annual 'Tosa's Night Out' is Aug. 4 at Hart Park
- Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall: Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 30
- Mayfair holds back-to-school style event
- Tosa police: stealing vehicles to 'joy ride' is new trend among criminals (2)
- Medical College of Wisconsin construction begins Aug. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue