A Wauwatosa police officer was kicked in the face by a man who got caught with drugs in a Mayfair Mall restroom last week.
Michael Swain, 31, of Milwaukee was charged Tuesday with felony marijuana possession, second offense, and misdemeanor resisting arrest.
According to a police report:
A security guard overheard two men in the same restroom stall talking about drug activity at 8:13 p.m. Sept. 3. Officers arrived and smelled marijuana. They found a blunt in Swain's pocket and a bag containing 8.41 grams of pot.
Upon his arrest, he started getting agitated and banged his head on the back of the squad car and wall of the booking room. Eventually he went limp and officers had to carry him. That's when he kicked one of the officers in the face.
Swain has three prior misdemeanors on his record. He is in Milwaukee County Jail and scheduled to appear in court Sept. 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director