A Wauwatosa police officer was kicked in the face by a man who got caught with drugs in a Mayfair Mall restroom last week.
Michael Swain, 31, of Milwaukee was charged Tuesday with felony marijuana possession, second offense, and misdemeanor resisting arrest.
According to a police report:
A security guard overheard two men in the same restroom stall talking about drug activity at 8:13 p.m. Sept. 3. Officers arrived and smelled marijuana. They found a blunt in Swain's pocket and a bag containing 8.41 grams of pot.
Upon his arrest, he started getting agitated and banged his head on the back of the squad car and wall of the booking room. Eventually he went limp and officers had to carry him. That's when he kicked one of the officers in the face.
Swain has three prior misdemeanors on his record. He is in Milwaukee County Jail and scheduled to appear in court Sept. 14.
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4