A West Allis woman who said she had been held hostage drove a car into a house at 91st and Wright streets Thursday morning.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The father of her children and their roommate got a call from the woman saying a man had tried to hold her hostage at his Milwaukee home and she was fleeing. They agreed to pick the 21-year-old woman up at a Tosa gas station.
When they picked her up, she got into the driver's seat. A man in a truck, who said she had stolen from him, was following their vehicle.
While turning onto Wright, the woman's vehicle jumped the curb, struck a tree and stopped against a house at 4:41 a.m. All three occupants got out and ran. The car had four flat tires and a dented bumper.
The woman was found 30 minutes later hiding behind the house. She was arrested for hit and run to property, driving with a probationary license and driving without insurance.
Later the homeowner found bags containing 51 oxycodone and Xanax pills, where the woman had been hiding.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23