Douse the Wauwatosa firefighters in water for a good cause during Tosafest in the Village this weekend.
Members of the local firefighters union will take turns in the dunk tank and ask people to fill their boots with dollars for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday and 1 to 9 p.m. Saturday in the 1400 block of Underwood Avenue.
Since Saturday is the ninth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, a firefighter memorial will be set up and a brief ceremony will be held to honor emergency professionals who lost their lives that day.
Check back at WauwatosaNOW.com for the time and location of the ceremony.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park (1)
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11