Douse the Wauwatosa firefighters in water for a good cause during Tosafest in the Village this weekend.
Members of the local firefighters union will take turns in the dunk tank and ask people to fill their boots with dollars for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday and 1 to 9 p.m. Saturday in the 1400 block of Underwood Avenue.
Since Saturday is the ninth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, a firefighter memorial will be set up and a brief ceremony will be held to honor emergency professionals who lost their lives that day.
Check back at WauwatosaNOW.com for the time and location of the ceremony.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School