Douse the Wauwatosa firefighters in water for a good cause during Tosafest in the Village this weekend.
Members of the local firefighters union will take turns in the dunk tank and ask people to fill their boots with dollars for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday and 1 to 9 p.m. Saturday in the 1400 block of Underwood Avenue.
Since Saturday is the ninth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, a firefighter memorial will be set up and a brief ceremony will be held to honor emergency professionals who lost their lives that day.
Check back at WauwatosaNOW.com for the time and location of the ceremony.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options