Douse the Wauwatosa firefighters in water for a good cause during Tosafest in the Village this weekend.
Members of the local firefighters union will take turns in the dunk tank and ask people to fill their boots with dollars for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday and 1 to 9 p.m. Saturday in the 1400 block of Underwood Avenue.
Since Saturday is the ninth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, a firefighter memorial will be set up and a brief ceremony will be held to honor emergency professionals who lost their lives that day.
Check back at WauwatosaNOW.com for the time and location of the ceremony.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Large Wauwatosa oak tree cut down after storm damage
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Annual '10 Days in Tosa' promises dining steals, good eats
- In Brief: Sept. 3